Partner, Senior System Administrator
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
We are looking for an IT administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our corporate enterprise software. We are a cloud first organization and have minimal requirements of managing hardware except of our end user devices.
High integrity is a must for this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of teams and users.
- Administer the Office collaboration applications of cLabs: Google Workspace, Messaging platforms like Slack and Discord, etc
- Administer endpoint security applications like: MDM solutions (e.g.: Prey, Jamf); Enterprise password managers (e.g.: Dashlane, 1Password); & Enterprise endpoint security solutions (e.g. CrowdStrike, Carbon Black , FireEye - experience in this is a plus but not required
- Manage employee on-boarding and off-boarding process
- Implement new tooling and integrate with SSO solutions such as One Login, Okta, and Jumpstart
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, IT Administrator or similar role in a macOS environment
- Experience with managing MDM, EDR, enterprise password and email solutions
- Knowledge of security best practices, IT deployments, security engineering, and data backup/recovery
- Working and implementation knowledge of Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, HTTPS, etc
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a security team or knowledge of security concepts such as OWASP top 10, shift left security, DevOps, and DevSecOps
- Highly renowned certifications, education, or experience proving your ability in the field of IT administration and/or security
- Experience working in the blockchain space or knowledge of the pain points faced by blockchain companies
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and coin plan
- Opportunity to work on a challenging project with an impactful mission
- Beautiful office space
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.