Intern Software Engineer (Spring/Summer 2020)
The Celo mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for everyone.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
We are looking to hire interns in Berlin to assist on our Protocol and Mobile Engineering teams.
- We are a full-stack company i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the user experiences on top of them
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are highly technical, with backgrounds at places like Google and MIT
- We are mission driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Implement, test, and audit the stability and/or identity portion of the Celo protocol
- Build back-end services that power our APIs
- Help to hit product milestones by writing high quality, well tested code
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Work in a high performance scrum team
- Collaborate with product and design teams
- A strong passion for Celo's mission
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Strong experience developing production software
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions
- Experience building software that is reusable, extensible, and modular
- A passion for testing and achieving high test coverage
- Enthusiasm to work in a startup environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation/temporary housing benefit
- Commuter benefit
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team/intern outings, TGIFs, and more
C Labs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.