Los Angeles, CA /
Engineering – Data /
RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT: We have been made aware of unauthorized recruiting agencies or people impersonating Centerfield employees that have been posting fraudulent jobs on third-party sites. All of our open jobs are posted here on our official Careers page, official LinkedIn account, official Builtin LA Account, or official Indeed/Glassdoor pages, so if it’s not there, it’s not us!
Any outreach by our Talent Acquisition team will come from [@] centerfield [dot]com email domains.
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Super-powered customer acquisition. Centerfield delivers outcome-based digital marketing solutions and personalized omnichannel experiences for the world’s leading brands. Powered by our proprietary Dugout platform, Centerfield acquires customers at scale for leading residential service, insurance, e-commerce and B2B brands. Centerfield’s digital experiences and digital brands, such as Business.com and BroadbandNow.com, reach more than 150 million in-market shoppers annually. Centerfield is headquartered in Silicon Beach and proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Los Angeles.
Centerfield is looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our LA team in building innovative advertising technology. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, web-focused and has experience with the full data life cycle. You will help design the data collection infrastructure in support of Centerfield’s Data Architecture. You must have practical experience working with large data sets in website lead generation & search engine marketing, SaaS, or cloud computing domains.
How You'll Contribute...
- Aid the team with troubleshooting, researching the root cause, and resolving defects in the event of a problem.
- Help to implement maintenance strategy for all datasets.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to deliver appropriate BI, data warehousing, reporting, and analytical infrastructure required to support Centerfield’s assets.
What We're Looking For...
- 3+ years of experience in working as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, or Data Warehousing Engineer.
- Strong experience with ETL tools like Talend, SSIS, Informatica, etc.
- Strong experience with SQL and Python, and familiarity with project development including getting requirements from business users, development, and testing.
- Good understanding of Data structures and Databases like MySQL, SQL server, Postgres, etc.
- Strong experience in performance tuning techniques.
- Ability to lead projects individually and deliver them on time.
- Experience building visualizations with reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Need to own problems from end-to-end, so that one can best collect, extract and clean the data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested on day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award-winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.