Senior Data Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Data Architecture – Data Engineering
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Work with business and cross functional teams on full life-cycle of data warehouse development projects. Play an essential role in designing the data collection infrastructure in support of Centerfield Media’s data architecture. Work with large data sets in the website lead generation and search engine marketing, SaaS and cloud computing domains.
How You'll Contribute...
- Develop and optimize ETL (extract, transform, and load) processes by working closely with multiple data partners and stakeholders
- Design and implement end-to-end automated Data pipelines to store data in Amazon Redshift
- Work with existing ETL frameworks in an effort to maintain and extend them with best practices
- Architect, build, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data
- Perform unit and system testing on the ETL processes and resulting data warehouse tables
- Document database designs, solutions, configurations, and teach/mentor other support tiers, team members and vendors including onboarding and knowledge transfer
- Understand, create, and implement process design and target data models
- Source system analysis, data analysis and profiling, and creation of technical specifications
- Lead projects individually and deliver them on time; and implement maintenance strategy for all datasets
- Maintain project timelines and ensure successful delivery of the projects
- Work with relevant stakeholders to deliver appropriate BI (business intelligence), data warehousing, reporting and analytical infrastructure required to support Centerfield Media’s assets.
What We're Looking For...
- Requires a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, plus two (2) years of experience in data engineering, data warehouse engineering or related experience analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting BI (Business Intelligence) applications including experience working in data warehousing environment; designing ETL architecture involving source and target databases such as SQL Server, DB2, Netezza, Redshift and Sybase; building Power BI and Tableau dashboards to share insights with business partners; and designing and developing mappings and applying various transformations such as lookup, sequence generator, aggregator, rank, stored procedure, joins and sort transformation.
- Requires experience or knowledge in the following: 1) Working with technical and business stakeholders as required by the project; 2) Creating database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures and triggers; 3) Amazon web services including AWS S3 and AWS Redshift; 4) Working ETL tools such as Talend, SSIS or Informatica Power Center; 5) Knowledge of complete data warehouse project development life cycle; and 6) Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- *Any level of experience or knowledge in the specific skills is acceptable.
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, fire pits, & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks & snacks
- Break room fully stocked with games, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes (yoga, kickboxing, & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.