Los Angeles, CA
Operations – IT Infrastructure
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Centerfield is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team! This person will work closely with the Engineering team and be responsible for all the production and non-production environments of Centerfield. You will build, implement, and release infrastructure tools automating the deployment pipeline and work with development teams to help build and maintain all services.
How You'll Contribute...
- Perform daily system monitoring, administration, and management across all production and non-production cloud infrastructures
- Interface with users and developers to resolve technical and user problems
- Interface with developers to maintain and develop new CI/CD pipelines for applications
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations
- Plan for and ensure adequate load and performance balancing during peak traffic and off-hours
- Install, configure, and manage different services with Infrastructure as Code Automation
- Adhere to existing operational processes and maintain related documentation
- Monitor industry trends and keep abreast of new tools and technologies
What We're Looking For...
- 6+ years overall experience; 2+ years of hands-on cloud infrastructure operations with AWS tools and services
- Strong Linux and Windows experience
- Experience with cloud security best practices
- Thorough understanding of containerization technologies
- Hands-on orchestration development and management experience – Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar orchestration tools, etc.
- Extensive experience working with CDNs, load balancing, and proxy routing (ELB, HAProxy, Route53)
- Solid understanding of general application services (MySQL, ElastiCache, S3, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Proficient with CI/CD tools; preferably Jenkins
- Intermediate knowledge of at least two of the following programming or scripting languages: C#, Java, Python, Groovy, Powershell, or Bash
- Comfortable working in a command line environment
- Experience with GitHub or a similar source control service
- Comprehensive understanding of and/or experience with log aggregation tools like Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Experience with tools like DataDog, NewRelic, or AppDynamics
- Experience with synthetic monitoring tools
- Experience with load testing and performance testing
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading Medical, Dental, and Vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, fire pits, & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks & snacks
- Break room fully stocked with games, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes (yoga, kickboxing, & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.