Senior Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Engineering – Software /
RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT: We have been made aware of unauthorized recruiting agencies or people impersonating Centerfield employees that have been posting fraudulent jobs on third-party sites. All of our open jobs are posted here on our official Careers page, official LinkedIn account, official Builtin LA Account, or official Indeed/Glassdoor pages, so if it’s not there, it’s not us!
Any outreach by our Talent Acquisition team will come from [@] centerfield [dot]com email domains.
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Super-powered customer acquisition. Centerfield delivers outcome-based digital marketing solutions and personalized omnichannel experiences for the world’s leading brands. Powered by our proprietary Dugout platform, Centerfield acquires customers at scale for leading residential service, insurance, e-commerce and B2B brands. Centerfield’s digital experiences and digital brands, such as Business.com and BroadbandNow.com, reach more than 150 million in-market shoppers annually. Centerfield is headquartered in Silicon Beach and proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Los Angeles.
Centerfield is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team of talented engineers in maintaining and continuing the development of our flagship b2b websites. Ideal candidates will have six years of professional experience building from scratch, deploying, and maintaining high-traffic web applications. The work is about 70% frontend oriented.
How You'll Contribute...
- Together with your team, own all engineering efforts for two high-traffic content websites – prototype, build, test, and ship applications end to end using React, GraphQL, Headless WordPress
- Lead in identifying problems and coming up with solutions
- Mentoring software engineers via peer coding and code reviews
- Manage code releases
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize new product features from the ground up
What We're Looking For...
- 6+ years of strong coding experience as an individual contributor (related to our stack)
- 2+ years in a senior developer role within a team, demonstrating the ability to build from scratch and ship web applications end to end
- An approachable, highly responsive team player who enjoys investing in and watching others grow
- Strong professional experience with React, Next.js, NodeJS, GraphQL, and working knowledge of AWS, Docker, WordPress (headless), PHP
- In-depth knowledge of software development best practices and lean/agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge of SEO and best practices of on-page optimization
- Strong knowledge of optimizing web applications for performance and Core Web Vitals
- Strive for excellence in everything you do, from the process, to support and delivery
- Technically curious — always interested in learning and exploring new technologies to meet business goals
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + commission
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested on day 1
- Award-winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.