QA Automation Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Data Architecture – QA
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Centerfield is seeking QA Automation Engineer to join our technology team and to collaborate with project owners, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure systems and documents are developed according to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) requirements. The QA Automation Engineer will plan testing execution projects, create Test Plans, create Automated Test Cases, execute Test Cases, and review other’s Test Plans for accuracy.
How You'll Contribute...
- Collaborate with product owners to aggregate business requirements
- Document and build Functional Test Plans which encompass the business requirements specific to each application
- Organize and record detailed test results; provide reports results and project status
- Work with project teams through the design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements
- Log detailed and accurate defect reports and follow the defects through to resolution and closure
- Work within Engineering to improve the quality of project documents and system documentation
- Assist in the identification and design of automated processes to increase testing efficiency and reliability
- Write code which is readable, scalable, and flexible to automatically test various different application types such as web & API
- Monitor and review other team members' Test Procedures (TPs) as well as offshore testing execution results
- Serve as a resource to the team to ensure the resolution of complex business and/or technical issues
- Ensure adherence to Information Technology project management methodologies, plan testing execution projects, and provide labor and resource estimates that meet Quality Assurance Service Level Agreements (SLAs); adhere to SDLC processes and procedures
What We're Looking For...
- Minimum 5 years of experience with software quality assurance, including:
- Business requirements analysis
- Test Case identification
- Test Plan creation, prioritization, and execution
- Tracking of defects and reporting of results
- Strong experience with coding automated test cases for web & API with various automation tools and frameworks (C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience executing automated scripts
- Experience creating performance tests with tools such as JMeter
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Understanding of all phases of SDLC
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and management skills
Life at Centerfield ...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading Medical, Dental, and Vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, fire pits, & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks & snacks
- Break room fully stocked with games, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes (yoga, kickboxing, & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.