Business Development – Client Services /
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Centerfield is seeking an enthusiastic and driven Account Director that thrives in a paced, startup environment to join our team! The Account Director will be responsible for accelerating growth in multiple areas of the business though our Business.com platform, making a significant impact in a rapidly growing industry. As an Account Director you will play a fundamental role in driving and achieving our ambitious B2B sales acquisition and revenue growth objectives. This person should possess a forward-thinking and innovative approach when strategizing or when faced with challenges and should have a solid understanding of generating internal and external goals while ensuring the timely delivery of all projects and tasks.
Backed by a community of experts, Business.com is a comprehensive business resource catering to SMB owners and industry experts. We facilitate an exceptional array of services, tools, and insights that are proven, relevant, and beneficial. At Business.com, we genuinely care about providing a service that will help you start and grow your business.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in closing sales who can also promote and sell our suite of digital marketing products to direct companies and advertising agencies. The ideal candidate will have concrete training and knowledge on selling marketing programs to senior marketing executives for various online products such as Sales Qualified Leads, Marketing Qualified Leads, Sponsorships and Qualified Site Traffic.
This individual is responsible for growing the revenue of the categories they are assigned by nurturing, retain and upselling existing accounts and prospecting for new business.
How You'll Contribute...
- Build and maintain solid foundations with executive level decision makers at B2B companies with the goal of selling full funnel marketing solutions
- Develop a quarterly and annual business plan detailing key clients and prospect focus
- Utilize forecasting reports to determine territory plans and sales strategies for execution
- Develop strategic relationships with senior client and agency marketing contacts
- Master sales, marketing, and industry-specific terminology to converse with prospective and current customers in a compelling, educated, eloquent, and persuasive way
- Introduce Business.com product offerings; work closely with clients and prospects to identify ways to enhance their current marketing initiatives
- Propose solutions based on customer requirements, prepare pricing quotes, sales proposals, has possess strong closing capabilities
- Work closely with commercial leadership to provide feedback to enhance product offerings
- Work with management and sales support teams to achieve revenue goals, client satisfaction, and account retention goals
- Monitor competitive offerings and develop new sales strategies to win in assigned industry markets
- Manage and maintain detailed pipeline and accurate forecasts to achieve assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual quota/goals
- Effectively utilize SalesForce.com to manage of all daily business activities. Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including email tracking, qualification calls, closed sales, and follow-up activities within the assigned categories to maximize revenue potential
What We're Looking For...
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field
- 5+ years sales experience working with Fortune 2000 companies and advertising agencies
- Experience selling Digital Marketing Services, Sales/Marketing Qualified Leads, and/or Advertising Sponsorships preferred
- Strong communication, negotiation, and account management skills
- Confident speaker and writer. Likes testing and learning. Willing to try new scripts and email content to reach Senior Sales and Marketing prospects
- Competitive by nature – wants to win and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Team player – supports others by sharing learnings, knowledge, and ideas
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and CRM software (ideally SalesForce.com)
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + commission
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.