QA Engineer Intern - Summer 2024
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – QA /
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Super-powered customer acquisition. Centerfield delivers outcome-based digital marketing solutions and personalized omnichannel experiences for the world’s leading brands. Powered by our proprietary Dugout platform, Centerfield acquires customers at scale for leading residential service, insurance, e-commerce and B2B brands. Centerfield’s digital experiences and digital brands, such as Business.com and BroadbandNow.com, reach more than 150 million in-market shoppers annually. Centerfield is headquartered in Silicon Beach and proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Los Angeles.
We are looking for an eager Intern-level candidate to join our QA Engineering team! The QA Engineer Intern will help be responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance across multiple software development projects, including both manual and automated testing. You’ll have the chance to develop your technical skills, along with understanding at a deeper level how that impacts business.
How You'll Contribute...
- Help ensure the delivery of high-quality software on time
- Proactively and effectively communicate with team members, project managers, product managers, software developers, and management regarding QA status and deliverables, highlighting risks and issues
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify coverage deficiencies and enhance the test coverage
- Review test plans/cases with developers and product managers to ensure consistency and adherence to functional requirement documents
- Manually test web-based applications and websites in cross browsers and multiple mobile devices
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Follow standard testing procedures and provide recommendations for improvement
- Cross-collaborate with other departments on projects or tasks
- At the end of your internship, you’ll present your project and final product to department heads and your leadership team at our office in Playa Vista, CA
What we’re looking for…
- Eagerness to learn! Someone who wants to jump in and learn new skills and immediately apply them to real world business problems
- Rising seniors or new graduates who recently finished their degree in Spring 2024
- You have an interest in digital marketing or advertising and are eager to learn more about Centerfield’s industry!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong interest in software quality assurance
- Some foundational knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Ability to react quickly to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbal
- Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Ability to take full ownership of assigned responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize
- You are local to our Playa Vista HQ and are willing to come into the office 3 days a week!
Intern Life at Centerfield…
- Weekly pay!
- Interactive, onsite new-hire orientation for your first week to meet your peers!
- End-of-summer internship commencement with presentations and fun interactive events!
- Be assigned a personal mentor for daily support and guidance
- Career-focused workshop presentations from Centerfield’s key stakeholders
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning!
- Unlimited free snacks and drinks around the office!
- Monthly happy hours, catered Wednesday lunches
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA Best places to work)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
$25 - $28 an hour
This is a 12-week paid internship starting in June 2024 and ending in August 2024. The internship program will be 24 hours per week where you will come into the office Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays.
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.