Director of Sales – Education
New York, NY /
Business Development – Client Services /
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Centerfield is seeking a Director of Sales – Education, to expand our growing Higher Education vertical. The Director of Sales will be responsible for the strategy, planning, selling, negotiations, and contract execution of new partnerships with schools across the country.
Within a school setting, the Director will manage dialogue and discussions with deans, enrollment leadership, marketing leaders, higher administration leads, and staff to maximize a mutually beneficial partnership.
How You'll Contribute...
- Plan and manage higher education sales activity according to an agreed market development strategy including client management, sales presentations, and contracting processes
- Drive sales through creativity and passion while leveraging existing relationships and building a pipeline of new prospects
- Reach out to Deans, Directors, Admissions, Marketing, and University/Higher Education Leadership to learn their goals and present relevant services
- Negotiate pricing and build customized marketing plans to help colleges and universities achieve their goals, while maintaining a strong ROI
- Work closely with the Account Management team to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for the client
- Manage multiple channel selling strategies to meet and/or exceed growth objectives
- Accurately and effectively manage and report on pipeline, status of the business, and forecast revenue to the Senior Vice President of Growth & Strategic Partnerships
- Keep abreast of educational developments at the federal and state levels through regular reading of industry trades and discussions with clients and industry leaders
What We're Looking For...
- 7+ years of sales/business development experience with 2+ years of working experience in the Higher Education space
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience successfully developing partnerships in the education space with proven results
- Knowledge of Higher Education curriculum and existing relationships with key decision makers throughout the assigned territory
- Solid client services experience with ability to effectively work with College and University personnel
- Strong communication, presentation, and closing skills
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and present Centerfield’s services, products, and market data
- Familiarity with sales tools and systems
- Proven ability to influence and build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + commission
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.