Full Stack Web Developer – Contract
Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineering – Web Engineering
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer on Contract (6+ months) to help us integrate and build our SEO sites. The FS Engineer will be working on a team building features, fixing bugs, building out new templates, and writing custom WordPress plugins for five custom WordPress sites. He/She will also work on building out a proprietary WordPress-based CMS, which connects multiple sites, and re-platforming a non-WordPress site, to a custom built WordPress site, using the Sage framework by roots.io.
How You'll Contribute...
- Advance querying, manipulating data at scale, process data, etc. with MySQL
- Write custom functions and scripts to manipulate data in PHP
- Understanding of UI construction and technical experience to process lead form data to generate the experience for the user (i.e. using data from stepped form to make query to return data during a lead form process)
- Third party API integration for data storage or access to information
What We're Looking For...
- WordPress – minimum 5 years of working WordPress experience
- Expert in PHP, MySQL
- Expert in HTML/CSS
- Expert in JS – working with libraries, writing Vanilla JS code from scratch, building UI elements, working with localStorage, Ajax
- Working experience with Webpack, Grunt, NPM
- Responsive front end experience
- GIT experience – merging, branching, etc.
- Experience with collaborating with a team on one code base
- Experience with on page SEO is plus (knowing which headings to use, writing Schema markup, etc.)
- Working experience in Sage by Roots.io
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive hourly rate + remote capability
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, fire pits, & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks & snacks
- Break room fully stocked with games, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes (yoga, kickboxing, & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer day (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.