Senior Software Engineer
Centerline Biomedical – R&D /
The Senior Software Engineer is an Exempt/Full-Time position that contributes to Centerline’s product development and testing in all manners related to software in: implementing effective and efficient software solutions to engineering problems; devising innovative and novel approaches to address clinical and engineering needs; documenting, updating, and maintaining code; software testing and validation; and participating in planning of future product development, including requirements definition and risk analysis.
The Senior Software Engineer is skilled in mathematics and the science of computing, especially as they relate to Centerline’s technology which is heavy on image processing, computer graphics, and numerical methods. This person is able to quickly develop a working understanding of new concepts in these and other technical fields. Using these talents, the Software Engineer will join the Centerline team ready to
learn how Centerline’s technology works and prepared to expand upon it by translating innovative concepts into functioning software.
● Software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration software and release management process.
● Reviews quality specifications and technical documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
● Contribute to the implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need.
● Responsible for overall design of the solution, build and test applications.
● Conducts root cause analysis and advance performing turning for complex processes and functionality.
● Creates detailed comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
● Prioritizes, plans and coordinates quality testing activities.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
● M.S. or other advanced degree is desirable
● 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the medical device industry
● Experience with ISO 13485/IEC 62304 quality management systems
● Experience developing with Qt, VTK, and ITK toolkits
● Familiarity with medical images, DICOM, PACS, and medical imaging concepts
● Experience with human factors engineering
● Exposure to medical/clinical/surgical environment and working knowledge of concepts behind minimally invasive surgery
● Progressing and maintaining software projects under a software quality management system
● Developing with C and C++ for and in Windows and Linux environments
● Understanding of computer graphics algorithms and OpenGL
● Familiarity with open source toolkits used in numerical analysis and computer graphics
● Experience designing interactive applications with GUIs
● Experience with version control and requirements management systems
● Proven ability to identify an engineering problem and devise, implement, and validate an efficient and effective solution
Centerline Biomedical is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions, and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Centerline Biomedical will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Centerline Biomedical does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.