Project Manager – Research and Data
Austin, Texas /
Programs – Research and Evaluation /
The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Project Manager in our Research and Evaluation Department. As Project Manager, you are responsible for coordinating people and processes to ensure key data and research projects are completed on time, within scope, and on budget. The Project Manager will work with teams to set or negotiate deadlines that work within their existing workflows and priorities, assign responsibilities, designate project resources, prepare project budgets, monitor and document project decisions and progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. One of the key projects you will be managing is the Service Insights Initiative, a multi-year initiative to rollout standardized electronic client data collection from partners and programs across Central Texas Food Bank’s (CTFB) 21-county service area. As part of that project, you will also be supervising the Service Insights Training Specialist, who is responsible for training and onboarding key staff and partners to the initiative and our electronic client data management system, Oasis Insight.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Evaluation, and working in collaboration with other Program teams and colleagues across CTFB, this position will contribute to improved data solutions within CTFB and their network, and implement initiatives to gain deeper understanding of CTFB’s impact in Central Texas.
As Project Manager, you will
- Build and manage end-to-end project plans and monitor/report progress.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with project stakeholders.
- Work with project stakeholders to estimate work efforts, ensure that goals and milestones are defined and approved, and manage resources related to research and evaluation projects.
- Ensure delivery of project scope on time while meeting or exceeding quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Identify communication gaps, project barriers, manage issue escalations and provide regular status updates to leadership and project stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Implement continuous improvements to the project management process.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day activities of the Service Insights Training Specialist for the duration of the Service Insights Initiative rollout.
You are a great candidate if you have,
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience, with 2-4 years supervising the work of others as a project lead or as a people manager
- Three years of project management experience, including experience with working on projects that involve the introduction of new ways of working / processes / technology solutions into a business.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships and elicit cooperation from cross-function teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of key goals. Ability to drive projects/decisions through ambiguity.
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to drive decisions.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Ability to facilitate meetings or deliver presentations and reports that include technical information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and standard office equipment
- A valid government-issued Driver’s License and proof of auto liability insurance, willingness to travel and use personal vehicle
Bonus points for
- Some research or data domain knowledge and experience, such as solutions development, data pipeline, databases, program evaluation, or research
- Experience managing budgets and/or grants and restricted funding
- Working towards a PMP Certification
- Prior nonprofit or Food Banking experience