Senior Fullstack Engineer
k/factory – Engineering /
Centrifuge is an early-stage startup with a big mission to bridge real-world finance to DeFi (decentralized finance). We do this by tokenizing real-world assets, like invoices, as NFTs (non-fungible tokens) so that they can be financed through our Tinlake pools at tinlake.centrifuge.io. With over $25m TVL (total value locked), Tinlake is the largest DeFi protocol that is financing real world assets and we are only just getting started. Upending traditional finance by unlocking wealth instruments for everyone is our mission, full stop 💪.
Our team is a self-managed organization of 25 (and growing) that gives plenty of space to experiment and fit into the roles that are most exciting. We value diversity, which is reflected in our team. Now that the pandemic is ending, we can get back to regularly hosting off-sites and offering office space.
- Create and maintain our Dapp hosted at tinlake.centrifuge.io
- Bring financially and technically challenging products to crypto-experts and novices alike.
- Optimize UI/UX of our frontends based on user feedback.
- Architect and implement new features that are enabled by advances in our blockchain stack.
- Build software with TypeScript, occasionally working with tools and applications that support both the frontend and backend (e.g. The Graph—a data layer that aggregates and indices data from Ethereum—or our user dashboard).
- Work on our open-source codebase together with internal and external contributors.
- Support the Centrifuge network overall, with a focus on users.
- Prioritize scalability, security, and ease of deployment for our end-users.
- Drive your projects from inception to completion by owning your own deliverable and collaborating with your teammates.
- You love being at the forefront of fast-moving codebases and are comfortable working in flat hierarchies under agile development and quickly changing requirements.
- You have 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- You professionally developed software written in TypeScript for 2+ years.
- You are passionate about user experience and love working with smart, nice people.
- A strong and proven computer science or computer engineering background.
- Track record of high quality, well-crafted code that has been used in production environments.
- React (NextJS)
- Node (NestJS)
- Grommet Component Library
- Github Actions
There is no preferred work location, but you will be working primarily with a Berlin and NYC timezone. Compensation is blockchain competitive + based on your experience.