Security & Dev Ops Engineer
Are you looking to join a fast-growing team? Are you passionate about blockchains, open-source software & financial software and want to have an impact on a space that is still in its infancy: Decentralized Finance?
You will take over DevOps and Security responsibilities from our distributed systems engineers, setting up a new DevOps team that will grow with the company, allowing you to grow in any direction you like. You will work closely with our Engineering and Product teams. You will drive the engineering security in the Crypto space, where security is extremely important.
We are an early-stage startup with a big mission to bridge real-world finance to DeFi. We do this by tokenizing real-world assets, like invoices, so that they can be financed through our Tinlake pools at tinlake.centrifuge.io. Tinlake has over $2m TVL, with major features in the coming months to exponentially expand our growth.
Our team is a self-managed organization of 16 (and growing) that gives you plenty of space to experiment and fit into the roles that excite you the most. We value diversity, which is reflected in our team. We host regular off-sites (post-covid) and offer office space in Berlin.
- Develop secure cloud infrastructure and software applications in the security-first Crypto space
- Perform security vulnerability assessments over our tech stack
- Define guidelines and best practices for different types of software products across teams
- Build a culture of security-first across the engineering teams
- Help maintain high availability of the Centrifuge services
- Design, maintain and implement robust deployments for Centrifuge blockchain nodes
- Implement secure ways to keep, distribute and rotate sensitive data such as passwords and blockchain wallets
- Analyze performance, identify bottlenecks and implement improvements over our peer-to-peer layer
- Create logging, monitoring, and alerting services for our software products
- Docker and Kubernetes (or other container orchestration infrastructure) experience, including IAM and RBAC management.
- AWS, GCP, or other Cloud provider experience
- Practical experience with Security DevOps best practices, and tools such as Vault, Kubernetes secrets, in addition to any local or cloud secret managers
- Networking, VPN (IPSEC / OpenVPN)
- CI/CD tools such as Spinnaker, Jenkins ...
- UNIX/Linux administration experience
- Solid experience in scripting languages (Bash/Shell/Ruby/Python)
- A solid understanding and experience with blockchain technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong will to automate as much as possible without compromising security
- Experience with Container Security Tools
- Experience with running, upgrading, monitoring, and maintaining blockchain validator nodes
- Experience working with a remote team located around the world
There is no preferred work location, but you will be working primarily with a Berlin and NYC/Phoenix timezone. Compensation is blockchain competitive + based on your experience.