We look for a General Counsel, who will lead Centrifuge into the next exciting phase of upscaling. You are a team player, customer-focused, self-managed and entrepreneurial, and a collaborative thought leader. You will work closely with our biz dev and product team and directly interact with our partners to improve existing financing and offering structures, explore ways of possible decentralizations, and tap into new non-US jurisdictions.
- Provide sound legal advice to all outward-facing Centrifuge teams
- Work cross-functionally where you proactively identify potential legal and regulatory issues and translate these into actionable solutions to allow Centrifuge to thrive
- Interface with and manage outside counsel
- Support in interactions with regulatory authorities
- Help with general corporate legal topics along with your legal work on financing and offering structures
- Ability to practice law in the US, preferably New York
- Experience working in the structured financing space, financial/banking services, institutions in that space, and fintech
- Expertise in Corporate/securities laws, financial services in regards to regulatory, compliance, transactional, capital markets, broker-dealer finance, asset management, etc.
- Humble self-starter with strong communication and team collaboration skills
- A fun person to work with!
- Experience in blockchain technology, tokenization, and decentralization
- Experience in Fund Management environments
- Exposure to Asian and European jurisdictions
- Interest in/exposure to Tax Law
- Solid understanding of technology and working with product/engineering teams
Centrifuge is revolutionizing with its DeFi protocol Tinlake how businesses are financed, with major features in the coming months to exponentially expand our growth.
Our team is a self-managed organization of 25 (and growing) that gives you plenty of space to experiment and fit into the roles that excite you the most. We value diversity, which is reflected in our team. We host regular off-sites (post-covid) and offer office space in Berlin and New York City.