Institutional Capital Lead
Centrifuge is looking for someone to lead efforts to bring institutional capital. This is a credit sales position in nature and would suit someone with experience at a reputable global bank or leading credit fund. You may have managed a sales and distribution team or worked directly in credit investing/structuring. You will be responsible for originating and selling debt into institutional accounts and relationships with traditional asset managers and insurers are a big plus. Understanding of structured credit, asset-based financing, and everything in the world of debt is what we are looking for.
You can build out platforms for success, thinking holistically about the direction of the market and can design operations and strategies to fit that direction. Ability to adapt to fintech workflow and processes is important.
You are undeterred by the word “no” and are expecting to hear traditional finance reject Defi/blockchain/crypto. You will need to be excited by the space, understand the long-term vision and be ready for long and complex sales cycles.
Some of the desired experience and skills are highlighted below. This list is not exhaustive, nor comprehensive. We are open to speaking with candidates that think they are suitable if they bring some skills outside of the list below.
- This position should be filled by someone with traditional finance experience, specific to credit, ideally in asset-backed securities.
- Should have 3-10+ years experience. Preferable on a credit desk, ABS structuring or at a credit fund. Sales experience along the way will be advantageous.
- Rolodex of institutions that you can connect with on day one is desired.
- Must be able to connect all sides of a deal: Asset, Capital, and Services (legal, credit rating/risk, accounting).
- Knowledge of DeFi and the crypto ecosystem is desired, but not necessary.
- This is not necessarily a suit and tie job, it’s a start up, but you very much should be able to run in both circles.
- Must be a go getter that has vision and wants to build something big.
- Must be interested in the intersection of finance and technology.
- Ultimately, we want someone who will leave no stone unturned. Someone who is comfortable talking to the largest global institutions and niche credit funds all in the same day.
- And most importantly, someone who can end-to-end deliver large capital tickets to the Centrifuge platform.
We are an early-stage blockchain project with the big mission to bring real-world finance and DeFi together. Our core app https://tinlake.centrifuge.io has over $30m TVL, with major features in the coming months to exponentially expand our growth. Our team is a self-managed organization of 30 (and growing) that gives you plenty of space to experiment and fit into the roles that excite you the most. We value diversity, which is reflected in our team. Centrifuge is fully remote. There is no preferred work location, but you will be working primarily with Berlin and NYC timezones. We host regular off-sites and offer office space in Berlin.
Compensation is blockchain competitive + based on your experience.