Sr Systems Admin - Future Opportunity
San Francisco, CA /
Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and London. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible. Come grow with us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Back-end Ops team supports the complex infrastructure and systems that allow our product, Basis, to operate at high capacity. This dynamic team works to prevent problems by closely monitoring the Basis system in production. If an issue does arise, they act swiftly and efficiently to resolve it.
Not only does this team support Basis’ underlying systems, they’ve also taken on a unique responsibility in building infrastructure automation that enables developers to view and manipulate our production systems in safe, predictable, and repeatable ways. This gives developers a level of visibility and responsibility for their production systems that is uncommon in many organizations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
While working with the Production Operations Team this role will be responsible for administering Basis Platform production and support systems
- Administration and Support for Basis Platform data systems
- Big Data
- Application deployments and troubleshooting
- Research, planning and design
- Assist in developing / architecting solutions for new product features
- Participate in weekly / monthly planning meetings
- Hardware administration
- Provision, deploy, decommission nodes as needed
- Configure monitoring and alerts for systems under your purview
- Maintain asset information in company inventory management software
- Mandatory participation in 24x7 on call emergency rotation
- Currently: on for 2 weeks, off for 4 weeks (subject to modification)
- 5+ years administering and supporting MySQL systems on a Linux platform
- Big Data
- Familiarity with concepts and applications
- Knowledge of scaling principles
- High Availability
- Strong SQL coding experience
- Query optimization, troubleshooting, debugging
- Knowledge of automation / orchestration systems
- We use Salt, but if you know Puppet, Chef or Ansible you can pick it up quickly
- Shell Scripting (BASH or Python preferred)
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years in Linux System Administration
- CentOS (primary)
- VMWare ESXi
- Extensive knowledge of Big Data concepts and applications
- Knowledge of monitoring / graphing systems
- Experience managing infrastructure on public cloud (GCP or AWS)
- Comfortable with the modern tech office paradigm
- Our Ops team is located in: Austin, Chicago, Toronto and San Francisco
- Though you will be working out of the San Francisco office your primary coworkers are in Austin and Toronto.
- Virtual meetings and Slack chats are our primary methods of communication, you should be able to communicate effectively via these technologies.
- Your work must be automated, repeatable and documented.
- Your coworkers should be able to read your docs and do your job when you are out sick. Independent, confident, and a quick learner
- You may be tasked with projects that have little documentation, you will need to dig into the code and figure things out.
- You should be comfortable asking for help (know your limitations and know how to avoid risks).
- You should never be afraid to try something new (we love new toys).
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people. Our team has put together a thoughtful benefits package and provides a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k matching, a tax-free health savings account, tuition reimbursement, generous maternity/paternity leave, and more.
Aside from benefits, we’re always finding new ways to invest in the personal and professional growth our employees. We’re proud to support a variety of employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is more than a workplace.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.