Telecommunications Engineering Specialist
Service Delivery – BLITS 3.0 /
Title: Telecommunications Engineering Specialist:
Location: Hanscom AFB, MA
Company/ Program Description:
Centuria, a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has been delivering IT, Engineering, and Scientific solutions to the Federal Government since 2002. During our two decades of service, we have earned the trust and respect of our government clients for the simple reason that we have great people who are experts in their fields and take pride and ownership in everything they do.
This role will be to directly support the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) to secure information and information systems; to support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery; and to sustain required infrastructure and capabilities. As one part of the greater Air Force Information Network (AFIN) enterprise, the 66 ABG Communications and Information Division (66 ABG/SC) has responsibilities in two categories (1) direct actions in support of Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB) and geographically separated units (GSUs); and (2) indirect actions to support the AFIN enterprise. Successful solutions for this requirement are expected to have strengths in four areas: integration, flexibility, AFIN knowledge, and technical expertise.
· Work with a team of UC engineers and will be responsible for designing, managing, and implementing voice solutions as per AF enterprise standards in support of 66 ABG/SC and their customers under Core Services.
· Assist in planning of voice environments for internal customers, develop and review procedures for voice platform in relation to capacity planning, performance, reliability and security.
· Utilize skills and experience as well as tools and technology to design, install, configure, and troubleshoot voice infrastructure and provide customer support for voice related services.
· Extensive hands-on experience in designing enterprise telephony solutions that will increase performance and flexibility to existing converged Gigabit Ethernet network infrastructure in accordance with AF UC policies and standards.
· Install, upgrade, operate, maintain, and configure all equipment/firmware/software required to ensure availability of all identified voice services in accordance with AF certification and accreditation and information assurance standards.
· Ability to use packet capture and protocol analysis tools and techniques.
· Work with vendors, evaluate vendor hardware, software and communications products and make recommendations according to customer needs.
· Interface with distributed organizational Telephone Control Officers, conducting and attending planning meetings, reviewing existing and projected voice line counts and assignments, surveying communication room and telephony backboard terminations and cross-connects & creation and updates of notional voice line cut-sheets for engineering capacity planning and processing detailed cut sheets.
· Must be disciplined in approach to operational excellence and execute detailed record keeping for adherence to locally established and required military processes and procedures.
· Work dynamically and effectively with people on projects (formal and informal) and conduct technical interchanges as required; responsibilities include collaborative reporting, planning and interactions with leads as well as with company and subcontracted team members and management structures, as well as highly focused subject matter experts.
· Secret Clearance required
· Associates degree in IT or equivalent plus 3+ years’ experience in a UC role. Additional 4 years’ experience may substitute for the degree.
· CompTIA Security + is required
· In-depth hands-on experience of configuring / managing / troubleshooting Avaya AS5300, Redsky E-911, RTMI, vIPers, T-Metrics ACD
· In-depth experience troubleshooting SIP-based sessions across internal, service provider & external networks.
· Strong network debugging and troubleshooting skills required.
· Create and maintain operational procedures, topology maps using Visio.
· Must have firm understanding and experience with databases, servers and windows and Linux based operating systems or appliances.
· Supports emergency operations on an as needed basis 24/7 & weekend work maybe required as project or issues warrant.
· Working knowledge of W2K12/W2K16/IIS is an added plus.
· Strong working knowledge of Telecom, including ISDN/T-1, Voice Protection Systems and IP address Management/DHCP, DNS etc.
· Strong working knowledge of associated telephony/VoIP standards and protocols such as SIP and H.323 is required.
· Must have excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
· Must be self-motivated and can work effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to lift about 50+lbs required.
· Critical thinking skills for problem identification and resolution
· Strong written and verbal communication skills