System Test Technician
San Jose, CA
Manufacturing – System Test /
CEPTON (Nasdaq: CPTN), a leading intelligent lidar solution provider, is seeking a System Test Technician to support the high volume of production in our manufacturing department. This position is an immediate opening.
- Test LiDAR sensors for functionality and performance
- Follow procedures (written and verbal) to validate sensors by checking the image quality, sensitivity, and accuracy
- Calibrate sensors using an automated calibration station to meet distance and reflectivity spec requirements
- Collaborate with the engineering team to analyze and solve problems that may arise during product testing
- Report and track product issues accurately and work with the engineer until a successful resolution
- Track and summarize sensor performance for process and yield improvement
- Utilize automated testing tools as needed to execute software tests and analyze results
- 5+ years of working experience in a relevant field (Lidar, laser, optics)
- AS degree minimum and BS degree in a Technical Field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, analytical, methodical, and creative thinker
- Working well under pressure to meet goals and deadlines
- Good team player and can also work independently
- Capable of working on multiple tasks or projects as necessary
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Prefer some experience in computer programming
- Competitive compensation package, including stock options
- Comprehensive employee benefits program, including medical, dental, vision & more
- Paid holidays and time off
- Performance-based Spot Bonus
- 401K & FSA or HSA
$25 - $35 an hour
CEPTON Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
About CEPTON Technologies (www.cepton.com):
CEPTON (Nasdaq: CPTN) is a Silicon Valley innovator of lidar-based solutions for automotive (ADAS/AV), smart cities, smart spaces, and smart industrial applications. With its patented Micro Motion Technology (MMT®), Cepton aims to take lidar mainstream and achieve its vision of safe and autonomous transportation for everyone.
Founded in 2016 and led by industry veterans with decades of collective experience across a wide range of advanced lidar and imaging technologies, Cepton is focused on the mass market commercialization of high performance, high quality lidar solutions. Cepton is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has a center of excellence facility in Troy, MI to provide local support to the OEM and Tier 1-studded Metro Detroit area. Cepton also has a presence in Germany, Canada, Japan, India, and China to serve a fast-growing global customer base.