San Jose, CA
Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering /
Cepton (Nasdaq: CPTN), a leading intelligent lidar solution provider, is seeking a seasoned System Architect who is passionate about solving challenges to join us. Partnering closely with our brilliant functional R&D teams, you will work in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative work environment and design and validate optical imaging subsystems for LiDAR product development, as well as support new product introduction to the high-volume manufacturing process for automotive and non-automotive customers.
Here at Cepton, we use technology to make some difficult problems become easy, and some impossible tasks become feasible. We value one's ability to learn higher than the knowledge one has acquired in the past. We like people who strive to solve a problem in new and creative ways instead of seeking conventional wisdom, we enjoy solving hard problems together. As we are at the cutting edge of technological advancement, join us if you are willing to work with like-minded people to face the challenges posed by the new era of technology together.
What You Will Do:
- Perform advanced mechanical design, detailed drawings, tolerancing, and FEA analysis for strain, vibrational nodes, modal analysis, and thermal analysis
- Responsible for optical system design with Zemax modeling and simulation with strong optical analysis capability on key performance and tolerance errors
- Assemble, qualify, and debug new optical module and imaging subsystem, including light source, lens system and detection sensor
- Develop optical tooling and fixture to assist high-precision alignment and assembling process
- Establish optical subsystem build and qualification process and release reliable process to Manufacturing
- Work with the Manufacturing department & supplier to support volume ramp and optical quality control
Who You Are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or related disciplines with 10+ years of working experience in the field. OR a master's degree/Ph.D. degree in Mechanical engineering or related disciplines plus 5+ years of working experience
- Has strong experience with Zemax and a standard CAD package, preferably Solidworks, Ansys, including FEA
- Has solid knowledge of optical system, optical design and optical material
- Has deep experience and design skillset with optomechanical assemblies
- Has Strong hands-on skill set on assembling, testing and troubleshooting capability with optical system
- Has seasoned experience with optical element vendors and design house for new product development as well as ramping up volume production.
- Has strong problem-solving ability, able to provide technical leadership as needed.
- A good and reliable team player with strong communication skills. Self-motivated, continually striving for excellence, and can thrive under pressure.
What We Will Offer:
- Opportunities to work with strong industry leaders and opportunities to relocate to Silicon Valley.
- Competitive compensation package, including stock.
- Comprehensive employee benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and more.
- Paid Times Off and paid holidays.
- Bonus program eligibility.
- 401k & Flexible Spending Account.
- Cepton Headquarters – San Jose, CA
- Some local on-site visits to key customers.
- Travel to regional customer sites and to support trade shows & conferences if needed.
Cepton is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this role is $120,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include an annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Cepton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
About Cepton Technologies (www.cepton.com):
Cepton (Nasdaq: CPTN) is a Silicon Valley innovator of lidar-based solutions for automotive (ADAS/AV), smart cities, smart spaces, and smart industrial applications. With its patented Micro Motion Technology (MMT®), Cepton aims to take lidar mainstream and achieve its vision of safe and autonomous transportation for everyone.
Founded in 2016 and led by industry veterans with decades of collective experience across a wide range of advanced lidar and imaging technologies, Cepton is focused on the mass-market commercialization of high-performance, high-quality lidar solutions. Cepton is headquartered in San Jose, CA, and has a center of excellence facility in Troy, MI to provide local support to the OEM and Tier 1-studded Metro Detroit area.