Senior Electrical Design Engineer
San Jose, CA
Hardware Engineering – Electrical Engineering /
Cepton (Nasdaq: CPTN), a leading intelligent lidar solution provider, is seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer who is passionate about solving challenges to join us. You'll work in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative work environment and design, validate high speed electronics subsystem for LiDAR product development. You will also support new product introduction to high volume manufacturing process to support automotive and non-automotive customers.
Here at Cepton, we use technology to make some difficult problems become easy and some impossible tasks become feasible. We value one's ability to learn higher than the knowledge one has acquired in the past. We like people who strive to solve a problem in new and creative ways instead of only seeking conventional wisdom, we enjoy solving hard problems together. As we are at the cutting edge of technological advancement, join us if you are willing to work with like-minded people to face the challenges posed by the new era of technology together.
What You Will Do:
- Design board-level solutions consisting of mixed-signal circuitry with high-speed ADC, FPGA’s, memory, high-speed LVDS, SPI, clocking, PLL, MCU, Ethernet PHY, I2C, etc.
- Be responsible for the design, starting with concept and architecture, followed by schematic design and layout through fabrication and assembly with coordination/kitting with assembly house, through final test and integration.
- PCB schematic and layout design with OrCAD and Allegro, and able to run circuitry simulation w/ PSPICE or other simulation tools.
Who You Are:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of working experience in high-speed, mixed circuit board-level design containing ADC, FPGA's & MCU’s. OR a Master/Ph.D. plus 3+ years of working experience in the field.
- Must be proficient in using all necessary Test & Measurement tools and techniques at or above 1 GHz.
- Able to work w/ Mfg & supplier to support volume ramp and PCB quality control.
- Experience w/ FW is a plus; Experience with ASIC development cycle is big plus but not necessary.
- A good and reliable team player. Highly self-motivated, can continually strive for excellence, and can thrive under pressure.
What We Will Offer:
- Opportunities to work with strong industry leaders and opportunities to relocate to Silicon Vallely.
- Competitive compensation package, including stock.
- Comprehensive employee benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and more.
- Paid Times Off and paid holidays
- Bonus Program eligibility.
- 401k & Flexible Spending Account.
- Cepton Headquarters – San Jose, CA
- Some local on-site visits to key customers.
- Travel to regional customer sites and to support trade shows & conferences if needed.
Cepton is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this role is $150,000-$220,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total compensation package for this position may also include an annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Cepton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
About Cepton Technologies (www.cepton.com):
Cepton (Nasdaq: CPTN) is a Silicon Valley innovator of lidar-based solutions for automotive (ADAS/AV), smart cities, smart spaces, and smart industrial applications. With its patented Micro Motion Technology (MMT®), Cepton aims to take lidar mainstream and achieve its vision of safe and autonomous transportation for everyone.
Founded in 2016 and led by industry veterans with decades of collective experience across a wide range of advanced lidar and imaging technologies, Cepton is focused on the mass-market commercialization of high-performance, high-quality lidar solutions. Cepton is headquartered in San Jose, CA, and has a center of excellence facility in Troy, MI to provide local support to the OEM and Tier 1-studded Metro Detroit area.