Lead Software Engineer
Do you self-identify as a great problem solver (not just a coder)?
Have you been honing your innovation craft for years yet yearning for more complex challenges?
Does the opportunity to play a key role in the launch of a software platform with massive impact (for millions or even billions of people) excite you?
If you’ve answered with 3 resounding yeses, then we want to meet you!
What We Expect
We are a cutting-edge web3 infrastructure scale-up project seeking a few very talented developers who are not just looking for a job but want to be challenged to accomplish great things in an exciting venture.
We are the veterans of many successful startups and will put you on the accelerated learning curve toward your future success.
This position requires a great understanding of large-scale distributed computing and web3 technologies. Yet, we are open to talented people with less experience in web3 but have experience building large, robust data solutions and are eager to grow into web3.
You'll be immediately challenged to take ownership of key development track(s) within one of our innovation squads: 1. Decentralized Data Cloud Squad, 2. Blockchain Squad, 3. Tools, Services & Integrations Squad.
Once placed in a squad, you will own and drive the design, prototyping, testing/implementation (yes, tests are an integral part of implementation), simulating, and CI/CD of key components of our platform in a highly collaborative and iterative manner across squads.
About Cere Network
Cere Network is the decentralized data protocol powering the future of web3 with trustless content sharing and cloud data interactions between apps, users, AI/ML, and (NFT) assets. Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon.
We look for a few things across all hires we make at Cere, regardless of role or team:
- We seek teammates who will thrive in our fast-paced work environment, where we default to methodical, simulation-driven, fast development iterations and a first-principle thinking mindset.
- We crave teammates with high standards and strong discipline, embracing a growth mindset to continuously learn and incrementally improve habits and processes.
- We require contributors to have excellent communication skills (esp. written), for everything must be well organized and tracked in Notion, Slack, Wiki’s, etc. We want autonomous, goal-oriented individuals who embrace transparency and accountability. No one wants to micro-manage others.
- We need good teammates who are generally cool people who want to be part of a great team & decentralized community where everyone truly helps and challenges each other to learn/grow by innovating together towards greater shared goals. Embracing the building of such a collaborative community is the only way we can sustain rapid innovation (and the only way to live/work, really).
- 5+ years of experience (preferred 10+) working as a software engineer on storage and distributed systems.
- Extensive programming experience with at least one modern language such as Go, Rust, Typescript, Java or Kotlin.
- In-depth understanding of decentralized systems, blockchain, and web3, as well as system design, data structures, and algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in database engine internals (storage), including indexing, access methods, concurrency control, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, and buffer management.
- Proficiency in database engine internals (query processing), such as query compilation, optimization, execution, and parallel execution.
- Experience with decentralized storage systems like IPFS.
- Experience developing SDKs and contributing to open-source projects.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, including consensus-based quorum replication and NoSQL system implementation.
A bit more about our Multinational, High-Performance (and primarily remote) Team
Join a highly talented multicultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Berlin, and several locations in Asia. As stated above, we make remote working possible by embracing our ethos, yet many teams also travel to meet in person every 1-2 months. We all want high degrees of autonomy and flexibility to make life and work fun, but transparency, accountability/ownership are the requisites.
$85,000 - $130,000 a year