Do you self-identify as a great problem solver (not just a DevOps)?
Have you been honing your innovation craft for years yet yearning for more complex challenges?
Does the opportunity to play a key role in the launch of a software platform with massive impact (for millions or even billions of people) excite you?
If you’ve answered with 3 resounding yeses, then we want to meet you!
What We Expect
We are a cutting-edge web3 infrastructure scale-up project seeking a few very talented developers who are not just looking for a job but want to be challenged to accomplish great things in an exciting venture.
We are the veterans of many successful startups and will put you on the accelerated learning curve toward your future success.
This position requires strong leadership skills, excellent communication abilities, and extensive software development and operations knowledge.
You will lead a team of DevOps engineers, develop and implement DevOps processes and practices, collaborate with the development team, work with security teams, and provide technical leadership.
About Cere Network
Cere Network is the decentralized data protocol powering the future of web3 with trustless content sharing and cloud data interactions between apps, users, AI/ML, and (NFT) assets. Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon.
We look for a few things across all hires we make at Cere, regardless of role or team:
- We seek teammates who will thrive in our fast-paced work environment, where we default to methodical, simulation-driven, fast development iterations and a first-principle thinking mindset.
- We crave teammates with high standards and strong discipline, embracing a growth mindset to continuously learn and incrementally improve habits and processes.
- We require contributors to have excellent communication skills (esp. written), for everything must be well organized and tracked in Notion, Slack, Wiki’s, etc. We want autonomous, goal-oriented individuals who embrace transparency and accountability. No one wants to micro-manage others.
- We need good teammates who are generally cool people who want to be part of a great team & decentralized community where everyone truly helps and challenges each other to learn/grow by innovating together towards greater shared goals. Embracing the building of such a collaborative community is the only way we can sustain rapid innovation (and the only way to live/work, really).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a managerial role.
- At least 5 years of experience in DevOps or related fields.
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and related technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Strong experience with the AWS Cloud platform (EC2, EKS, ECR, Route53, RDS, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of networking and hybrid cloud concepts.
- Heavy automation domain knowledge and experience with IaaC tools (Terraform, Terragrunt)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good experience with monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Sentry, etc.) and services (Datadog, Newrelic, etc.)
- Experience in scripting (Bash, Python, Go)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Web 3.0 technologies and concepts such as blockchains, digital assets, Dapps, and/or Cryptocurrency.
- Experience coaching team members and helping them resolve issues.
- Experience managing and growing relationships with cross-functional teams internally and externally.
- Experience building and scaling go-to-market programs across many external partners.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
A bit more about our Multinational, High-Performance (and primarily remote) Team
Join a highly talented multicultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Berlin, and several locations in Asia. As stated above, we make remote working possible by embracing our ethos, yet many teams also travel to meet in person every 1-2 months. We all want high degrees of autonomy and flexibility to make life and work fun, but transparency, accountability/ownership are the requisites.
$80,000 - $120,000 a year