Technical Health Actuary
Cerebrae is looking for a highly technical health actuary that will work with solutions managers, consulting actuaries, and engineers to develop actuarial and financial models, analysis, and applications. This person will be instrumental in helping Cerebrae design and build actuarial solutions for existing and prospective customers.
- Working independently to develop analysis, datasets, and/or models from product requirements documentation or prototypes from Excel
- Direct customer interaction - presenting analysis and scoping solutions
- Querying and analyzing medical and pharmacy claims data, and creating derivative data assets for other applications
- Working with the product team to design, implement, and validate applications
- 3 or more years of experience analyzing and building models with healthcare claims data (required)
- Expert in Excel, SQL, and/or Python data analysis (Pandas, Numpy, etc.) (required)
- Familiar with actuarial concepts such as pricing, reserving, forecasting, and population health analytics (required)
- Progression towards or attainment of ASA or FSA (preferred)
Cerebrae is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cerebrae does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.