Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for experienced software engineers to help us build a modern financial management platform for healthcare. Cerebrae’s platform combines finance, actuarial, and underwriting disciplines to provide our customers -- digital health, providers, and payers -- with the capabilities needed to manage risk in an increasingly complex healthcare landscape. Our goal is to provide all participants in the healthcare ecosystem with the same capabilities as large insurance companies. To learn more about Cerebrae visit https://www.cerebrae.com/.
What you'll do
- Architect and implement backend APIs in a microservice environment; optionally work full-stack and develop frontend interfaces utilizing these APIs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient, and secure code.
- Collaborate with engineering and actuarial colleagues to conduct code reviews and design the implementation of complex software systems.
- Build on and extend our engineering capabilities. Whether it’s improving build toolchains, advancing our observability story, or enhancing testing strategies, all engineers are encouraged to take responsibility for the developer experience.
- Experience in data modeling and development with both SQL (Relational) and NoSQL technologies.
- Fluency in contemporary software engineering tools (such as git and docker), build pipelines, software development methodology and release processes.
- Experience working in environments with strong security and compliance requirements.
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years professional experience working in a Software Engineer / Developer position.
Please note that this position is remote for the foreseeable future due to COVID. But much of our SF Bay Area team does want to be back in an office at least partially (say 3 days a week) in 2022.