Full Stack Developer (Scala/Java)
About Cerebri AI
Cerebri AI, a venture-backed pioneer in artificial intelligence and machine learning, is the creator of Cerebri Values™, the industry’s first universal measure of customer success. Cerebri Values quantifies each customer’s commitment to a brand or product and dynamically predicts “Next Best Actions” at scale, which enables large companies to focus on accelerating profitable growth. Deployed as a SaaS application running on Microsoft Azure, Cerebri Values operates behind the corporate firewall, ensuring the highest level of security and safeguarding personal information. Headquartered in Austin with offices in Toronto and Washington, DC, the company has 50 employees who have been awarded over 130 patents to date. To learn more, visit cerebri.com.
Role: As a Full Stack Developer (Scala/Java), you will play an integral role in the development of our flagship AI product offerings for enterprise. You will be part of a small, focused team working in fast paced environment.
- Developing reactive applications that manage large datasets in conjunction with machine learning models trained against that data.
- Maintaining automated test coverage against all code you produce.
- Contributing to design discussions related to product.
- Building and maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines to maximize efficiency and ensure quality in the development process.
- Learning about the latest and greatest advancements in machine learning and data engineering while simultaneously looking for opportunities to apply them in our products.
- Meeting hard product deliverable deadlines set in a rapidly evolving startup environment.
- Excellent Java programming skills with two (2) years or more experience.
- Working knowledge of functional programming basics.
- Machine learning and/or ETL experience with Apache Spark.
- Working knowledge of Relational databases (Postgres, Oracle), Distributed clusters (Hive, Ignite), Graph databases (OrientDB, Neo4j) etc.
- Experience setting up automated tests that provide full code coverage and building/maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI).
- Experience operating in a “full stack” type role, with the ability to be flexible with the tasks you work on day-to-day.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and Scrum framework for managing processes.
- Proficiency in managing software projects in Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related area).
Nice to haves...
- Experience with Scala, AngularJS, React, D3, Lightbend Reactive Platform (Play and Akka), HTML, CSS, Grunt,
- Understanding of basic machine learning model configurations (e.g. Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, Neural Networks) and common API frameworks that can be used to deploy them (e.g. Spark MLlib, Python scikit-learn, Tensorflow).
- Experience in deploying statistical models for use in applications (e.g. Naive Bayes, Gaussian Mixture Models, Hidden Markov Models, etc.).
- Familiarity with common neural network configurations and the problems they can be used to solve.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Any other related experience with Big Data, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning and/or deep learning, predictive analytics