Remote Sensing Scientist
Science – Data Science
Ceres Imaging is a venture-backed company developing a technology that helps conserve water and fertilizer in farms. Specifically, we use aerial imagery and spectral image processing to monitor crop variables. The primary delivery mechanism for our imagery is a web application that allows customers to view the imagery of their fields over time (see the demo on our website). We help the farmer use this data to improve crop management practices like fertilizer application, irrigation schedules, stress/problem detection, and other applications. Currently we have a substantial funding, and paying customers throughout California and Australia.
We are seeking a scientist with experience relevant to remote sensing or the earth sciences who can contribute to the development of products that extract agronomic insight from aerial imagery.
- Analysis of geospatial datasets, primarily imagery, but also ground data in a variety of formats.
- Development of tools that combine spectral imagery, weather, soil, ground samples, and other datasets to determine crop physiological traits, and translation to management recommendations to growers.
- Calibration of sensor systems, including visible, near infrared, and thermal cameras.
- PhD in remote sensing, earth science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience applying remote sensing to vegetation, especially agricultural systems, is a plus.
- Proficiency writing code for data analysis in a language such as Python or R
- Proficiency with image analysis
On offer is the chance to join a literally world changing startup, working with an outstanding team of scientists, engineers and go-to-market.
If you are interested in learning more, please don't hesitate to apply now.