Senior Manager, Clinical Pharmacology
Boston, MA (Remote) /
Research and Technical Operations – Clinical Pharmacology /
Cerevel Therapeutics is dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of the brain to treat neuroscience diseases. We are tackling neuroscience diseases with a differentiated approach that combines expertise in neurocircuitry with a focus on receptor selectivity. Our portfolio of pre-commercial neuroscience assets targets a broad range of central nervous system (CNS) disorders, including schizophrenia, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease and substance use disorder.
Headquartered in the Greater Boston area, we are bold thinkers, deep experts, resilient pathfinders, and transparent partners who push the boundaries of scientific understanding to unlock breakthrough CNS therapies that have real impact on people’s lives.
Cerevel aspires to develop and nurture a culture characterized by trust, respect, courage, curiosity, and compassion, with a relentless focus on mission and results. Our patient-centricity guides our purpose, how we treat each other and what we work on every day. The successful candidate will bring their own unique thinking and approach to Cerevel while sharing our core values and convictions.
In this highly visible, impactful role, this person will be responsible for clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics activities to support Cerevel’s portfolio. Strong quantitative pharmacology skills are necessary and hands-on experience in the implementation of common software tools (e.g., NONMEM, R) for PK and PK/PD analyses is preferred. Self-motivation, strong scientific reasoning and communication (both verbal and writing) skills, and the ability to function effectively in a team environment are highly desirable.
- Lead or Co-lead all quantitative pharmacology activities to support both regulatory filings and internal decision-making (e.g., Exposure-Response, QTc prolongation risk assessment, population PK/PD analysis) by working closely with internal colleagues (i.e. DMPK, toxicology, biology, clinical, statistics) and external vendors to advance programs from Phase I to late-stage development
- Oversee the design and protocol writing of clinical pharmacology studies (e.g. food effect, human ADME, drug interactions, QTc, renal and hepatic/renal impairment)
- Manage external contract research organizations
- Draft clinical pharmacology components of protocols, INDs, investigator's brochure and other regulatory documents
- Provide ad-hoc support to other programs as needed
- Ph.D. with 3+ years of industry experience or BS/MS with significant industry experience
- Experience supporting small molecule programs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential for the role
- Hands-on experience in doing population PK and PKPD modelling using NONMEM/R or similar software is preferred
- Ph.D., or equivalent training in pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences or related disciplines
- BS/MS in pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences or related disciplines
Company COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- The Company requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including to have received a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine if eligible to receive one. In connection with your onboarding process, all new employees will need to provide documentary evidence of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state and local law
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.