Data Science Intern (Summer 2024)
Last year, identity fraud cost Americans $43 billion. Millions of grandparents, mothers, brothers, friends and neighbors in the USA fell victim to a cybercriminal and lost hard-earned dollars and sometimes their entire life savings. At CertifID, we are building a team of growth-minded individuals passionate about protecting our customers from the growing risk of wire fraud. We pride ourselves on being mission-driven and are united in creating a world without wire fraud. CertifID protects $8B+ of transactions every month, and with $50M+ funds recovered to date, your best chance of wire fraud recovery starts with CertifID.
Check out our G2 reviews! Our customers love us!
This data science intern role will directly contribute to the broader knowledge of CertifID’s business and product offerings. At 60+ employees — and growing — you’ll play a key role in answering other teams’ questions, helping guide product features, and sharing new insights with others. You'll have the strategic input to make a real difference in an industry that badly needs it, and an energetic, hard-working team to support you along the way.
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll learn about the housing industry, the risks of wire fraud, how our business works, and what we offer our customers…and how it all relates to our data.
- You’ll answer questions from a variety of stakeholders, including folks in our product management, design, customer success, finance, and software development teams.
- You’ll research product usage and user trends, to inform new product features.
- You’ll present findings to a variety of teammates, using combinations of written, verbal and visual communication.
- You’ll build your own larger, end-to-end analytics project. In it, you’ll collaborate with stakeholders, prioritize goals and project timelines, query and clean real-world data, create an analysis or statistical model, present your findings, and offer business recommendations. (... and learn a lot along the way!)
What you'll bring:
- Excellent communication skills, whether written, verbal, or visualKnowledge of SQL, data structures, and analysis techniques
- Experience collaborating with a team to answer analytical questions, based on a variety of data
- Adaptability to working with multiple groups of stakeholders — including people in both technical and not-as-technical roles
- An interest in learning “why” — how our product works and why features are built in certain ways, as well as how that’s reflected in the data
- An openness to giving and receiving feedback, and growing along the way
- Knowledge of Python (or similar language), particularly for data manipulation and some basic statistical model building
- Experience contributing to a project that was improved and iterated on over time
- Length: Approx. 12 weeks (Summer Internship)
- This is a paid internship. The rate of pay will be $20/hr.
- Location: In-office, Austin TX. We are located on South Congress Avenue, 78704.
- You’ll work in-person with other CertifID employees and a group of summer interns from other departments.
- We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and encourage those who may not meet every qualification to apply; your skills and passion matter most to us!
Change doesn't happen overnight, and the same goes for us here at CertifID. We PROGRESS collectively and individually as we grow, abiding by our core values. Protect the Customer, Raise the Bar, Operate with Urgency, Grow with Grit, Ride the Wave, Enthusiasm Spreads, Stay Connected, Send It.