Security Engineer (Penetration Testing)
New York / Remote /
Blockchain Security Engineering – Blockchain Security Engineering /
About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class AI technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
CertiK is one of the fastest growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security and has become a true market leader. To date, we have collectively worked with over 1800 enterprise clients, helped secure over $310 billion worth of digital assets, and detected over 31,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz.
CertiK just raised over $140 million and backed by Coatue, Tiger Global, Sequoia, and Hillhouse Capital.
About the Role
The primary responsibility of this role is for CertiK’s security-related services. Intersecting cybersecurity and blockchain, CertiK’s security offerings include security consulting, security reviews, security auditing of smart contracts and blockchains, verification of smart contracts, penetration testing, and more. We are looking to hire someone with a passion for application security and penetration testing. This is a fun and challenging full-time position. If you are excited about hacking, threat modeling, scanning, auditing, designing, and enhancing the security of applications across the board then you will thrive in this role. While you work with clients, we will also provide you with plenty of opportunities to get involved with research and development efforts to help us raise the standards of blockchain security.
- Perform security assessment on web, mobile, thick client application, and browser extension.
- Perform external, internal network penetration testsSecurity source code review
- Develop comprehensive pentest reports for technical and non-technical audiences
- Research and develop innovative techniques, tools, and methodologies for pentesting applications in the Blockchain space
- Contribute to the community through the development of tools, presentations, and blog posts
- Passionate about Cryptocurrency/DeFi/Blockchain
- Minimum of 3 years experience with application security and penetration testing
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Security Information
- Experience in programming with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby and Bash
- Solid understanding of cryptography
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- OSCP, OSWE, OSCE, GWAPT or comparable certification
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experienced with smart contract security audit
- Participated in the bug bounty programs
- Published security related blog post
- Spoke at security conferences and/or local meetups
Compensation: negotiable, depending on level of experience - $100,000 - $140,000 base salary.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.