Security Engineering Manager/Sr. Manager
New York / Seattle / Bay Area / Remote /
Blockchain Security Engineering – Blockchain Security Engineering /
About the Company
One of the fastest-growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security, CertiK is a true market leader. To date, CertiK has worked with over 3,200 Enterprise clients, secured over $310 billion worth of digital assets, and has detected over 60,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz.
Investors = Insight Partners, Sequoia, Tiger Global, Coatue Management, Lightspeed, Advent International, SoftBank, Hillhouse Capital, Goldman Sachs, Coinbase Ventures, Binance, Shunwei Capital, IDG Capital, Wing, Legend Star, Danhua Capital and other investors.
We are seeking a Security Engineering Manager to lead CertiK’s security engineering team. Intersecting cybersecurity and blockchain, CertiK’s security offerings include security consulting, security reviews, security auditing of smart contracts and blockchains, verification of smart contracts, penetration testing, and more. This role requires strong/ hands-on technical expertise along with excellent leadership skills. You will play a meaningful role in growing and developing the security engineers into a healthy and high-performing team, continuously improving our security engineering practices, and delivering state of the art technology. As a result, you will have a direct and measurable impact on the future growth of CertiK.
- Ensure that the security engineering team is adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs
- Provide technical leadership and oversee planning and control process in the security engineering team
- Coach, mentor, and lead team members; facilitate best practice sharing within the team
- Keep track of blockchain security technology development and leading a team to develop needed tools and software for our security product and services.
- Cultivate a healthy, collaborative engineering culture that’s in line with our values
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities; Develop, implement and improve relevant processes, policies and procedures to improve effectiveness across the security engineering function
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information security, or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience in the blockchain smart contract development and have strong interests in software security; or at least 5 years of software development experience in cyber security or backband
- At least 3 years of recent experience leading an engineering team
- Experienced in threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing and SecOps (intrusion detection, security logging, malware analysis, and forensics)
- Successful track record of building high performing, healthy, and sustainable teams that addressed increasingly complex technical and organizational challenges
- Have a passion for Solidity, a deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), distributed computing, and security
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment
- Experience working in a tech start-up or scale-up
- Passionate about Cryptocurrency/Defi/Blockchain
- Experience in Rust
Target annual salary for this role performed in the US is $170,000 - $230,000.
The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.