Software Engineer (Senior to Principal) - Static Analysis
New York, NY / Seattle, WA / San Francisco Bay Area, CA / Remote /
Engineering – Engineering - Tools /
CertiK is the leader in blockchain security. Our mission is securing the web3 world.
Blockchain technology and smart contracts are the future of finance, underpinning web3 and the metaverse. Vulnerabilities and bugs in this software regularly put millions of dollars at stake. Our goal is to automatically find these vulnerabilities and bugs before the software is deployed on the blockchain using advanced static analysis. We are looking for experienced software engineers who are passionate about software quality and security and want to advance the state-of-the-art of smart contract static analysis. Join us on our mission of making the new digital world a safer place!
What you will do
As part of our multinational team of programming language, static analysis and formal methods experts, you will design and implement tools that automatically find vulnerabilities and other issues in smart contracts and blockchain source code, using various static analysis techniques such as abstract interpretation, dataflow analysis, function modeling, and inter-procedural/global analyses.
You will have the opportunity to work on all stages of tool development from idea generation to implementation and iterative improvements. We have positions available at all levels of seniority. Title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience and background. Our team is highly supportive and collaborative with great opportunities to learn and grow.
You have a background in programming languages and programming tools and want to work on the forefront of applying results from research. You like to tackle challenging problems and have a track record of achieving results, where results are people using your tool to do their jobs. You are collaborative: you share ideas, love to brainstorm with peers, and give and receive feedback. You are comfortable with the unknown and understand that #startuplife means that you may wear multiple hats.
- Research, develop, and extend vulnerability detectors, working closely with blockchain experts.
- Design, prototype, and implement new abstract interpretation models and decision procedures.
- Understand the semantics of various programming languages and translate them to intermediate representations.
- Research new static analysis techniques and apply theories to practice.
- Write tests covering all possible execution paths of your code
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of software development experience (including internship and academic/professional research).
- Clear understanding of programming language semantics and related concepts such as AST and CFG.
- PhD in static analysis or the broader field of automated reasoning.
- Experience with static analysis techniques or formal methods such as abstract interpretation, dataflow analysis, model checking, theorem provers, decision procedures and SAT/SMT solvers.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills; always willing to learn and embrace new technologies and to collaborate.
- Prior experience in a professional software development environment.
About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
We offer a highly competitive salary and bonus. We have a comprehensive employee benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life/AD&D insurance. We provide flexible paid-time off. We provide a 401(k) with a 4% company match starting from your first day.
Compensation is negotiable, depending on level of experience - $115,000 - $230,000 base salary.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays. CertiK also offers a variable bonus program and RSU allotments for many positions.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.