Lead Brand Designer
New York /
You’re a self-starter. You believe in tackling the most important problems, even if they're the most difficult ones. You’re comfortable with the unknown and understand that #startuplife means that you’re going to be wearing multiple hats. And that’s what motivates you. You’re accountable and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You’re up to the challenge of building a world-class company that aims to be the infrastructure for more secure software for all.
About the Company:
CertiK leads blockchain security by securing smart contracts and blockchains with cutting-edge Formal Verification technology. Founded by Computer Science professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK has audited and secured over $5B in assets, including many of the world’s top blockchain projects.
The research efforts of CertiK have received grants from IBM and the Ethereum Foundation, and notable blockchain investors include Binance Labs, Bitmain, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, and NEO Global Capital, among others.
About the Role:
The primary responsibility of this role is to create a sleek, cutting-edge design and visual brand for CertiK's blockchain-related products. The CertiK Chain aims to provide an end-to-end blockchain security ecosystem, where security and correctness are ensured at each layer of the infrastructure. This includes off-chain and cross-chain protocol, smart contract, programming language and compiler, smart contract execution, blockchain consensus, and OS & storage systems.
You are a creative maverick with the understanding that great design isn't just pretty pictures. We're looking for exceptional design talent to create the future of amazing brands that will change the world. We need collaborative, insightful, and skilled creatives to create equal parts strategic & beautiful design solutions. You will work closely with a team of cross-functional teammates including Strategic Leaders, Product Designers, Content Creators, and beyond. Across the business, you will think hard, design harder, and present fearlessly alongside Brand Design Leads. You are a seasoned creative mastermind, and find your happy place working from concept through to completion.
• Lead a rebrand of the CertiK ecosystem
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to produce campaigns, presentations, newsletter, and live event materials
• Collaborate with the Product team for go-to-market initiatives & any relevant visual materials
• Own design concepts through production for all branded communications
• Work on multiple projects and have direct impact with your work
• Present and share your design expertise and Point-of-View (PoV) to other stakeholders
• 3+ years professional experience
• A unique creative approach to problem solving
• An understanding of performance-based marketing strategies
• Experience with visual storytelling of complex concepts
• Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation
• Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
• Proficiency with Designer tool (Sketch, Adobe Suite, Figment, Invision, illustrator)
• Advanced writing skills and micro-copy expertise and teams of designers, engineers, program managers, and product marketers
Who You Are:
• A design leader with startup experience
• A curious and entrepreneurial spirit
Bonus Points for:
• Email design experience
• HTML/CSS skills
• eCommerce and/or B2B web design experience
• Motion Graphics Experience
Please be sure to attach/share your creative portfolio.