Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack)
New York /
Research & Development /
You’re a self-starter. You believe in tackling the most important problems, even if they are the most difficult problems. You’re comfortable with the unknown and understand that #startuplife means that you’re going to be wearing multiple hats. And that’s what motivates you. You’re accountable and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You’re up to the challenge of building a world-class company that aims to be the infrastructure for more secure software for all.
About the Company:
CertiK leads blockchain security by securing smart contracts and blockchains with cutting-edge Formal Verification technology. Founded by Computer Science professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK has audited and secured over $5B in assets, including many of the world’s top blockchain projects.
The research efforts of CertiK have received grants from IBM and the Ethereum Foundation, and notable blockchain investors include Binance Labs, Bitmain, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, and NEO Global Capital, among others.
About the Role:
The primary responsibility of this role is for CertiK blockchain related products. CertiK’s blockchain aims to provide an end-to-end blockchain security ecosystem, where security and correctness are ensured at each layer of the blockchain infrastructure. This includes off-chain and cross-chain protocol, smart contract, programming language and compiler, smart contract execution, blockchain consensus, and OS & Storage system.
As a passionate fullstack engineer at CertiK, you will be developing consumer-focused products and features for CertiK platforms. These include several products ranging from client portals to monitoring systems, and blockchain analysis & Insight (AI) tools. You will get an opportunity to build the products from the ground up here. This means you can involve in all the stages of the product development & development lifecycle as: idea generation, user interviews, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and iteration.
● Develop End-to-End customer-facing features from web/mobile portal to back-end service.
● Take ownership of all aspects of the software -- front end, backend, design, architecture, and operations
● Be flexibility to work on all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, operations, CI/CD, cross-team collaboration, and support
● Architect, design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products.
● Master our development process, culture and code base, then improve it.
● Operate effectively in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and execute the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers'.
● Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
● Present your own designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
● Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
● Learning new technologies to keep your skills current.
● Grow and scale your abilities as the company grows
● 3+ years of software engineering experience
● Proficient in back-end languages like Python/Ruby/Golang and able to implement web servers & API services
● Solid fundamental computer science knowledge like data structure, algorithms, databases/SQL, testing, CI/CD, GIT, and shell scripts
● Experience with server-side concepts (microservices, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability)
● Familiar with AWS cloud technologies (e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda etc)
● Fast-paced programming mentality with ability to turn things around quickly
● Strong and creative problem-solving skills; always willing to embrace new technologies and collaborate
● (Preferred) Prior experience with blockchain systems.
● (Preferred) Prior experience in a fast-paced, growing start-up environment.