UX/UI designer internship
New York, NY / Seattle, WA / San Francisco Bay Area, CA / Remote /
About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class AI technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
CertiK is one of the fastest growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security and has become a true market leader. To date, we have collectively worked with over 1800 enterprise clients, helped secure over $310 billion worth of digital assets, and detected over 31,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz.
CertiK just raised over $140 million and backed by Coatue, Tiger Global, Sequoia, and Hillhouse Capital.
You’re a self-starter. You believe in tackling the most important problems, even if they are the most difficult problems. You’re comfortable with the unknown and understand that startup life means that you’re going to be wearing multiple hats. And that’s what motivates you. You’re accountable and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You’re up to the challenge of building a world-class company that aims to be the infrastructure for more secure software for all.
- Collaborate with product owners, project managers, and engineers to discuss/explore potential creative solutions, define product direction, and ideate intuitive user interfaces from a user experience design and service design perspective
- Conduct user research, design critique/reviews, heuristic evaluations, and user testing to collect feedback on the current user experience, incorporate user feedback to refine and improve existing designs
- Design user flows/information architecture that effectively communicates user interactions and creates low-fidelity wireframes and mid-fidelity mockups for quick iterations
- Design and create high fidelity user interface mockups, icons, visual assets, and animations of many CertiK's products and websites, and handoff the designs to front-end and full-stack engineers, ensure the design is consistent and responsive across various devices and platforms
- Work closely with front-end and full-stack engineers and help with the implementation, actively communicate with engineers to follow up the progress
- Review and provide feedback to the implementation of products and websites, test and verify UIs and interactions within the implementation follows the design precisely and are not missing any visual/functional components
- Create and maintain the CertiK’s design system and brand guidelines, including typography, color palettes, design components/UI patterns, enforce brand guidelines to maintain the consistency of the company’s visual identity
- Design marketing materials, including posters, information graphics/visualizations, and animated content for social media and blog posts and design presentation slides for internal/external uses
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Human-computer Interaction, Digital Media, Graphic Design, or a closely related field
- An available online portfolio
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Figma, Adobe Suite, Zeplin)
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Possess strong leadership, communication, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Use qualitative & quantitative insights to create impactful experiences
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and teams
- Master or an advanced degree in Human-computer Interaction, Digital Media, Graphic Design, or a closely related field
- A minimum 1-2 years of experience in UX design or a closely related field
- Prior experience in designing dashboards, SaaS, or blockchain-related products
- Passionate about Crypto/Blockchain
$2000 - $6000/month (fulltime). The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all US based full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.