Internship Spring/Summer 2023 - Software Engineer, Tools
New York, NY / Seattle, WA / San Francisco Bay Area, CA / Remote /
Blockchain technology is enabling a rapidly-growing era of innovation for the digital world. It is crucial that blockchain code such as protocols and smart contracts be correct. Once deployed, such code is public and difficult or not possible to change. Vulnerabilities and bugs in such programs regularly put millions of dollars at stake.
This is where CertiK comes in. We are the leading blockchain security company. Our goal is to secure the cyber world by applying cutting edge techniques from academia to secure blockchain code. Come and join us to help work on tools for securing blockchain programs!
What you will do
You will design and develop tools that automatically identify security issues or assist security auditors to locate security issues. You will collaborate with security auditors to understand blockchain security issues. You will have the opportunity to work on all stages of tool development from idea generation to implementation and iterative improvements. We develop and apply technologies such as static analysis, model checking, fuzz testing, language-based security (such as type systems), automated program verification, and theorem-prover based program verification. Our team is highly supportive and collaborative with great opportunities to learn and grow.
You are a self-starter and excellent at programming. You love to solve problems and get results, where results are people using your tool to do their jobs. You believe in solving the most important problems, even if they are the most difficult ones. You are collaborative: you share ideas, love to brainstorm with peers, and give and receive feedback. You are comfortable with the unknown and understand that #startuplife means that you need to be creative, flexible, and focused on results.
- Design and develop software tools that help identify blockchain security issues.
- Work on all aspects of delivering working software that meets customer needs, including analysis, design, automated testing, operations, CI/CD, measuring results, incorporating customer feedback, and support.
- Collaborate with other software engineers on developing tools.
- Learn new verification and security analysis technologies.
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or s related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts such as data structures, algorithms, testing, and source code control.
- At least 1 year of experience programming in an object-oriented language or functional programming language.
- Experience with one of the following: static analysis, program verification, model checking, fuzz testing, compilers, or related technologies. At least one course or equivalent experience.
- Pursuing a Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills; always willing to embrace new technologies and collaborate.
About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
$5000 - $8000/month (full-time). The compensation will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all US based full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.