Director of Finance
New York, New York / Remote
We are looking for an energetic and financially savvy leader to serve as a Director of Finance at CertiK. You are an excellent team member possessing core finance, accounting, and leadership competencies to include business acumen, financial aptitude, operational planning and execution, leadership, and integrity. You are hands-on, driven, and results-oriented. You will lead our finance and accounting functions that fuel our progress toward impact, sustainability, and scale. In this role you will report to the C-suite. To be successful, you work closely with all levels of management and staff across our business units to drive financial planning, budgeting, accountability, and reporting.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of accounting/finance operations and ensure the integrity of all financial and accounting records
- Manage efficient and effective accounting and internal control systems and processes, and financial management infrastructure of systems, processes and procedures for forecasting, budgeting, monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate staff in the finance department
- Ensure compliance with all GAAP and regulatory requirement
- Manage internal financial analysis and all internal financial reporting including materials to be prepared for the Board of Directors
- Develop and manage annual organizational and program budgets and assist in revenue and earning projections
- Direct annual audit process
- Oversee revenue tracking and manage grants to ensure compliance with grant agreements and prepare necessary reporting documents
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- At least five years of accounting experience
- Superior understanding of all aspects of accounting and financial management, appropriate knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including federal and state filings and sound internal controls
- Possess strong leadership, problem solving, project management, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel, G Suite
- Excellent communications skill, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
- Ability to produce high quality work and exercise good judgment
- Able to make responsible decisions, set priorities and meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train and manage direct reports and/or teams
- Master or an advanced degree in related disciplines
- CPA/CFA Certification
- Startup experience
About the Company
One of the fastest-growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security, CertiK is a true market leader. To date, CertiK has worked with over 3,200 Enterprise clients, secured over $310 billion worth of digital assets, and has detected over 60,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz.
Investors = Insight Partners, Sequoia, Tiger Global, Coatue Management, Lightspeed, Advent International, SoftBank, Hillhouse Capital, Goldman Sachs, Coinbase Ventures, Binance, Shunwei Capital, IDG Capital, Wing, Legend Star, Danhua Capital and other investors.
You’re a self-starter. You believe in tackling the most important problems, even if they are the most difficult problems. You’re comfortable with the unknown and understand that startup life means that you’re going to be wearing multiple hats. And that’s what motivates you. You’re accountable and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You’re up to the challenge of building a world-class company that aims to be the infrastructure for more secure software for all.
The target annual salary for this role performed in the US is $150,000 - $180,000.
The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all US based full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf. All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.