Public Relations Manager
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS is seeking a Public Relations Manager who will work collaboratively to develop and implement the company’s media relations, social media, and overall communications strategy as we enter an aggressive company growth phase.
This team member will:
- Work directly with the head of public affairs and communications to drive the company’s overall media relations strategy
- Manage the company’s social media strategy and implementation to support company goals
- Collaborate with other teams to determine strategy and logistics surrounding conferences and events
- Manage the ongoing development of CFS’s media relationships and database
- Draft communications including op-eds, blog posts, press releases, and company materials
- Support overall strategic communications initiatives as needed
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 5+ years in public relations, media relations, and/or external communications
- Relevant experience working in energy, clean tech, and/or technology
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong understanding of the relevant media landscape
- Strong writing skills with experience simplifying complicated topics for targeted audiences
- Creative problem solver
- Strong strategic communications instincts
- Dedicated to the CFS mission of delivering clean, limitless energy to the world
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related preferred
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.