Head of People Operations
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS is seeking a People Operations Manager with a generalist background to build and maintain scalable HR programs and technology in a high growth environment. This is the ideal role for you if you like tech forward platforms and have a passion for building and streamlining processes internally. You care deeply about people, the user experience, compliance and driving operational excellence.
This team member will:
- Implement people operations programs and tools in the areas of on-boarding, benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, records management, compliance, HR analytics, and HCM systems.
- Build an exceptional and compliant on-boarding experience for our new hires.
- Design and implement company benefits. Own benefit administration of all health and wellness programs.
- Research and implement feedback tools to support the performance review process and employee development.
- Prepare and analyze HR data to support management decision making.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 10+ years of relevant HR Operations experience working in startup, high growth environments.
- Manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- Aligned and energized by our mission of delivering clean, limitless energy to the world.
- Experience selecting, implementing and optimizing HR systems to make operations run better.
- Problem solver, strong detail orientation, and focus on execution and efficiency.
- Degree in HR, Business or related field.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.