LabVIEW Software Developer
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS is seeking a temporary LabVIEW software development Engineer for a 3 month project who will develop, test and deliver a LabVIEW software suite that will operate a one-of-a-kind device that is in development.
This team member will:
- Develop LabVIEW HMI/GUI software running on remote control workstation
- Develop LabVIEW Real-Time software running on National Instruments CompactRIO hardware
- Implement bidirectional cross-platform communication for data and control
- Develop drivers for all analog and digital peripheral system components
- Implement open-/closed-loop and scheduled control schemes
- Implement system safety features including interlocks and fault-detection
- Implement data-logging
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 3+ years in an integration and test software engineering role, ideally all in LabVIEW
- Experience with real-time control systems
- Experience building HMIs
- Experience handing-off software applications to a customer
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- At least 1+ year LabVIEW development
- Experience with the LabVIEW Real-Time Module and CompactRIO hardware
- Experience delivering production-quality software applications
- Experience with remote communication including industrial automation protocols (e.g. Modbus), TCP/IP, RS-232
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.