IT Applications Engineer
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The IT Business Applications Engineer/Manager role is a Director level role in charge of assessing the business needs, work with the business to identify solutions and implement the system ensuring that a proper support model is in place. The responsibility of this role covers the full spectrum of IT applications serving CFS, from CAD systems to the to be implemented ERP. The IT Business Applications Engineer/Manager will provide leadership coordinating internal and external resources in support of the business.
This team member will:
- Work with the Business to define the use cases and translate them into a solution
- Lead the implementation of the solution ensuring that the security context is properly evaluated
- Contribute to the negotiation of contract and agreements related to IT Business Applications
- Develop and maintain the IT Business Applications road-map by proactively identifying inside and outside trends to keep the IT landscape current and aligned with the CFS needs
- Establish standards, procedure and agreements with internal and external partners to ensure smooth execution
- Monitor the IT Business Applications operations and ensure that applications are available, safe and protected
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Possess Excellent problem solving and risk management skills
- Learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
- Have an excellent understanding of integration SaaS and integration topics
- Address problems with positive, creative and collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
- Have attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to provide updates on Applications and projects status and strategy
- Have an agile mindset to provide solutions quickly with an incremental value to customers
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ year experience in collecting use case and managing on-premises and cloud Applications
- Previous experience with a mix environment made of on-prem and cloud computing
- Previous experience in managing external vendors and internal IT service providers
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.