VP of IT
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS is looking for a world-class IT leader to design, build, and manage the company’s IT function. This person should have exceptional IT abilities and a strong Business Process mindset focused on Lean principles towards the goal of making Operations and IT at CFS “like air”.
This team member will:
- Be responsible for all IT-related activities in the company and for building and leading our IT team to meet the company’s growing needs
- Build systems that automate and remove repetitive activities rather than simply facilitating them
- Ensure that the company always has the IT systems and access it needs to perform its work
- Advise on all company-wide, IT-related decisions in an egalitarian environment where team feedback and recommendations are encouraged
- Manage the third party IT firm which provides our day-to-day IT project support, and grow the inhouse team as the company’s needs grow
- Collaborate with CFS leadership team, based in Cambridge, MA, and report directly to the COO.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- A strong Business Process mindset focused on Lean principles, towards the goal of making “Operations like air”.
- Experience designing company IT architectures and building IT systems that are functional for 100-person teams and quickly scaling them to serve 1000-person teams and beyond, all in a hands-on, fast-moving startup environment
- Proficiency in best-in-class and leading-edge IT applications and infrastructure and a demonstrated tendency to identify new tools to improve the way a company works
- Experience in engineering and R&D environments and the ability to design, build, and operate infrastructure to support engineering design tools including CAD, PDM, Document Control, and PLM
- Experience in corporate environments and the ability to design, build, and operate infrastructure to support Enterprise Resource Planning tools
- Thorough understanding and the ability to administer best-in-class security systems, policies, and practices.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.