People Operations – Talent Development /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
CFS is looking for an Instructional Designer to Lead the design and development of courses, programs and learning experiences. You will build agendas, program materials, participant activities, instructional materials, and facilitation guides. You will work with subject matter experts to understand needs and shape content specific to CFS.
This team member will:
- Perform needs analysis
- Plan and monitor training programs
- Design courses
- Leverage learning technologies and adult learning practices
- Use storyboarding techniques to design innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Evaluate course impact
- Produce learning assets using multi-media tools
- Manage outside vendors
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in instructional design and media production
- Project management
- Strong understanding of learning and pedagogical models
- Authoring tools such as Articulate 360, Captivate or Adobe
- Communication skills
- Quality control
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- 5-7 years experience in instructional design and media production
- Ability to perform activities such as sitting, standing and typing for extending periods of time
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
- Work in a facility that contains industrial hazards including heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, high current, pressure systems, and cryogenics
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.