Brand & Design Specialist
Devens, MA /
Marketing and Communications – Branding & Design /
ABOUT COMMONWEALTH FUSION SYSTEMS
Imagine our world with access to clean, limitless energy for everyone. Now imagine a world in which this is possible without destroying the planet — a world in which we are able to preserve the environment for future generations. This is our vision. At Commonwealth Fusion Systems we are building a solution to the world's growing energy needs. That solution is fusion energy and it is closer than you think.
We are on the fastest, surest path to commercializing fusion energy, building on proven science and proprietary, revolutionary, magnet technology. Our goal is to demonstrate commercially relevant net energy from fusion with SPARC — a fusion machine under construction in Devens, Massachusetts — that will be operational in 2025. SPARC will pave the way for the first fusion power plant, ARC, which is projected to put energy on the grid in the early 2030s.
Founded in 2018 Commonwealth Fusion Systems has raised over $2 billion from leading investors. Our team of over 500 hails from diverse, complex, disruptive, sectors of technology, science and manufacturing — scrappy, brilliant people with an unrivaled bias to action.
We are at the forefront of launching a new energy industry and rapidly growing fusion energy ecosystem, both of which are rallying around the common goal of bringing sustainable energy to the world for better living, and a cleaner plant.
In the role of Brand & Design Specialist you will be part of the team responsible for storytelling, and brand and culture stewardship. CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver the fastest path to commercial fusion energy — help build our story.
Why join our team? You believe in our mission and want to be part of an outstanding cohort and driven company that will have profound global impact and will change the life of every person on the planet.I
HOW WILL YOU CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CAUSE
- Build stories everyone wants to tell. Reporting to the Head of Brand & Design you will be part of small but mighty team of two supporting our efforts in diverse brand-, communication-, and design activities and working on projects that shape the CFS story for both external and internal audiences. In addition you'll work closely with key storytellers in CFS to identify and build the most effective tools and assets to amplify and enhance storytelling. This ranges from producing executive presentation decks to developing digital assets and basic writing and editing.
- Nurture company culture. Our logo is a unique and meaningful symbol that represents the CFS brand in the world. Under your stewardship we will creatively build and evolve branded merchandise for internal and external communities. This includes curation and management of the CFS store through partnerships with vendors and CFS team leads, and planning merchandise campaigns that are directed at team building and developing and producing materials to recognize and celebrate our company milestones e.g., our mission patch program. These are just a few examples of the creative activity you will lead that engages the team under your guidance.
- Crafting our voice. You will be a part of the marketing and communications team which is responsible for external and internal communications, brand, design, media relations, and social media; and will be building some of the assets we use in visual storytelling.
- Steward our Brand. What we are doing as a company has never been done before. We are pioneers in a myriad of functions as we build both our company and catalyze the formation of the fusion industry around us. You will play a key role in building a library for stories told now and in the future and develop an archive system that captures the company's story of commercializing fusion energy from the beginning.
WHO ARE YOU
- You're always learning. You are an expert in what you do and want to become an expert in new things you learn. You are not afraid to ask questions to get to the heart of a subject, and are comfortable learning and working with highly technical fusion-specific knowledge.
- You are a collaborator. You are confident and comfortable collaborating with team members from all parts — from physics to commercial — of the Company to develop storytelling assets.
- You enjoy thinking creatively. You bring creative flair to all you do — from defining a problem to implementing a solution.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment. We work in a rapidly evolving setting in which build-test-learn is a part of our ethos, and everyday brings something new to our attention. You are energized and motivated to do your best work in this environment, and understand how to set and manage competing priorities and project timelines.
- You push boundaries to find the best solutions. You operate in a world in which there is no box. You research and find the best solutions to a given question. You explore and find opportunities and efficiencies in how we implement solutions. You turn that information into work products such as external presentations and digital asset libraries.
- Your experience and skill set. You have a Bachelor’s degree; at least three years of experience in communications or design, or a communications- or design-related field; excellent organizational, problem-solving, interpersonal, writing, communication, and copy-editing skills; advanced-level computer skills using Microsoft Office, in particular experience developing professional, high quality PowerPoint decks; the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; and the ability and willingness to learn new software programs as needed.