PLM Solutions Architect
Corporate Operations – Enterprise Information Systems /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
The PLM Systems Architect will be responsible for managing multiple projects at a time. They will help collect project requirements, develop architecture and detail solution design; implementation and maintenance. They will design and develop solutions for scalability, extensibility, security, and performance. Must be able to communicate and work with multi-functional using agile methodologies.
This team member will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop business solutions within teamcenter
- Design, develop, and deploy Teamcenter configurations for Rich Client and Active Workspace
- * Data Model (BMIDE -- business objects, LOVs)
- * Business Logic (ACLs, Workflows, ITK customizations)
- * User Interface (Stylesheets, Preferences, Queries)
- Demonstrate a high competency in Teamcenter deployments and upgrades
- Experienced with the different phases of development and deployment on Windows and other server systems
- Coordinate with Siemens support for product issues, when necessary
- Ensure timely delivery and quality of deliverables
- Coordinate user acceptance testing for new features
- Provide suggestions to improve the configuration of modules. This may involve making changes to the system based on best practices, user feedback, fixing bugs, and adding new features
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 7+ years Teamcenter Architect experience
- BS Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Business, or equivalent industry experience
- Must have experience in all aspects of Teamcenter implementations including upgrades and patching
- Proficiency with PLM – ERP interface operations
- Must have experience with BMIDE, workflows, preferences, CAD Integrations, Organization, Security, and Change Management
- Familiar with NX encompassing Bill of Materials, Assembly Management, Library Development, Visualization
- Experience in executing Projects using Agile concepts
- Candidate should be highly motivated and comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Excellent written communication and technical writing skills
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience using programming languages and tools such as JAVA, C++, C#, SQL, VB, XML
- Scripting skills to help automate manual tasks
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Some experience with APIs for CAD, PLM systems, ERP systems, and JIRA
- Perform activities such as stooping, typing, standing, and sitting, for extended periods of time
- Work in a facility that contains industrial hazards including heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, high current, pressure systems, and cryogenics
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.