Supplier Integration Manager
Devens, MA /
Corporate Operations – Supply Chain /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
The Supplier Integration Manager’s role is to integrate suppliers into the early stages of product design to optimize schedule, cost, and quality. The Supplier Integration Manager is an expert in technical sourcing, speaks the language of engineers, and understands how to marshal internal and external resources in support of project objectives. Travel to supplier locations will be required, up to 25%.
This team member will:
- Act as a primary strategic sourcing expert for their assigned engineering teams, focused primarily on new products and Design for Manufacturability activities
- Own the costed bill of materials for purchased components for their assigned engineering teams, and co-lead executive cost reviews
- Owns and drives the make/buy process for their respective engineering team
- Develop both a short and long-term product specific sourcing strategy and drive execution, coordinating cross-functionally to ensure project success
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and/or to improve supplier performance
- Create, review, and/or approve purchase orders up to authorized limits for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers in support of engineering customer requirements
- Interpret technical requirements and estimate cost, lead times, manufacturing techniques, and identify the best value supplier
- Skillfully balance the price, delivery, quality, service, and value tradeoffs and rationalize the supply base
- Adhere to all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials, intellectual property, and export compliance
- Negotiate short and long-term agreements for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers
- Create or review statements of work
- Purchase in both MRP and project/purchase requisition-oriented type environments under departmental guidelines
- Negotiate internally and externally at high levels or with persons of influence frequently
- Develop, monitor, and report risk mitigation strategies
- Develop and track reporting against objectives and results
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years’ related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical documents and estimate costs, estimate lead times, and identify the best value supplier
- Proven experience in supporting critical new product introduction activities for highly technical products
Additional preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Previous experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Previous experience sourcing (enter commodity)
- Exceptional technical and cost knowledge of (enter commodity)
- Experience with financial control systems or cost accounting structures
- Ability to perform activities such as sitting for extended periods of time
- Willingness to travel often
$80,000 - $180,000 a year
Salary range for this full-time position + equity + benefits. The actual salary will depend on level, location, qualifications, and experience. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.