Supplier Integration Manager
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The Supplier Integration Manager’s role is to integrate suppliers into the early stages of product design to optimize schedule, cost, and quality. The Supplier Integration Manager is an expert in technical sourcing, speaks the language of engineers, and understands how to marshal internal and external resources in support of project objectives.
This team member will:
- Act as the primary strategic sourcing expert for the SPARC power electronics and ICRF engineering teams, focused primarily on new products and Design for Manufacturability activities
- Own the costed bill of materials for purchased components for the SPARC power electronics and ICRF engineering teams, and co-lead executive cost reviews
- Owns and drives the make/buy process for their respective value stream
- Develop both a short and long-term product specific sourcing strategy and drive execution, coordinating cross-functionally to ensure project success
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and/or to improve supplier performance
- Create, review, and/or approve purchase orders up to authorized limits for raw materials, parts, sub-assemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers in support of engineering customer requirements
- Interpret technical requirements and estimate cost, lead times, manufacturing techniques, and identify the best value supplier
- Skillfully balance the price, delivery, quality, service, and value trade-offs and rationalize the supply base
- Adhere to all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials, intellectual property, and export compliance
- Negotiate short and long-term agreements for raw materials, parts, sub-assemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers
- Create or review statements of work
- Purchase in both MRP and project/purchase requisition-oriented type environments under departmental guidelines
- Negotiate internally and externally at high levels or with persons of influence frequently
- Develop, monitor, and report risk mitigation strategies
- Develop and track reporting against objectives and results
- Be a technical expert in power electronics and / or ICRF and will have a strong associated supplier network.
- Be adept at prioritizing and executing tasks while working under pressure and in some cases, tight deadlines
- Have a blend of technical, business experience with a strong background in manufacturing and/or design
- Possess excellent judgement and the ability to make and execute on decisions for the holistic betterment of the company
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, creativity, and agility
- Have a strong customer service and entrepreneurial orientation
- Have a vision of the big picture, be able to socialize the vision across the organization, obtain buy-in from key stakeholders, and translate the vision into actionable tasks
- Be a strong collaborator, able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal management oversight
- Communicate exceptionally, both written and verbal, and have experience in presenting complex ideas to executive level audiences
- Have strong relationship building skills, and ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of personnel and influence key stakeholders in order to get things done and set proper expectations
- Take ownership and assignments of projects from beginning to end and be capable of self-checking work produced for completeness and accuracy
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance or other related field, and 5+ years’ related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional understanding of how to read blueprints/drawings, interpret specifications and review statements of work.
- General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements
- General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.).
- General understanding of ERP systems and MRP logic
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical documents and estimate costs, estimate lead times, and identify the best value supplier
- Proven experience in supporting critical new product introduction activities for highly technical products
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM.
- Previous experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Previous experience sourcing raw materials, machined components, forgings, and special processes
- Exceptional technical and cost knowledge of metals or machining commodities
- Experience with financial control systems or cost accounting structures
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.