Traffic Office Manager
Devens, MA /
Corporate Operations – Supply Chain /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
As a member of the CFS Supply Chain Team you will be responsible for assisting in meeting company objectives through working with internal and external customers to provide visibility in logistics and inventory tasks, while maintaining safety requirements. This role will update stakeholders and provide clear priority to the Logistics & Inventory team. This role will also prepare daily priority lists, weekly project status reports and communicate potential problems to stakeholders while recommending solutions. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, will be thoroughly organized and have the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
This team member will:
- Fill out non-standard shipping paperwork
- Follow up on lost or stuck shipments
- Maintaining the schedule of deliveries between sites
- Complete export shipment paperwork
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Maintain a clean shipping dock and package receipt area
- Resolving receiving discrepancies
- Create work tickets for logistics team
- Drive ticket closure for logistics team
- Monitor and control inventory integrity; resolving discrepancies in a timely manner
- Manages outgoing and incoming domestic and international shipments to ensure all shipments meet CFS packaging, quality, transit specifications and auditable data.
- Maintains physical condition of loading dock, warehouse and ensure safety protocols are observed
- Assist in maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets for incoming materials.
- Obey and enforce CFS Safety guidelines and policies on the loading dock and in the warehouse; correct any unsafe conditions or behaviors while maintaining a clean work environment
- Complete daily logs (vehicle, time, project, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in accordance with all applicable company, local, state and federal rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 3+ Years combined experience in office management, logistics/traffic offices
- Experience in start-up or high growth environment
- Manufacturing/shop floor environment experience
Additional preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Strong computer skills with MS office or G-Suite applications (including Excel)
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Inventory & warehousing operational knowledge
- Domestic & International shipping experience
- Multimodal transportation experience
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stooping, climbing, typing, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Dedication to safety to mitigate hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, and strong magnets
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.