Document Control Specialist
Cambridge, MA /
Operations Team /
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) is the surest path to limitless, clean fusion energy. Our mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We have created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well, improve our team by adding diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits, and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The Document Control Specialist is a full-time exempt position that supports the Document Control & Records Management (DCRM) department. The position requires exceptional attention to document detail, format, and design; a thorough and seasoned understanding of quality assurance principles (either NQA-1, ISO-9001, or a combination of both); a demonstrated commitment to excellence, flexibility as well as poise, confidence, and a love for teaching; and the ability to interface with coworkers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner.
This team member will:
- Understand and support quality assurance document management practices and CFS procedures, including the ability to teach, promote and explain such policies to CFS employees, project team members, and contractors. This position needs to function as a Deputy to the Head of DCRM.
- Review, analyze, edit, format, and process documents (mostly highly technical engineering documents) for review, approval and release through the CFS EDMS system, M-Files. This includes creation and administration of M-Files Change Requests, as well as implementation and tracking of M-Files electronic workflows.
- Monitor, promote and ensure document control processes are being followed.
- Support cross-functional departments in the document creation, revision, and release process.
- Successful completion of software training to achieve M-Files Administrator status. As an M-Files Administrator, you will help to control and maintain the M-Files EDMS system, including creation, modification and programming of roles, privileges, security profiles, document types and categories, document metadata, queries, and reports.
- Train end-users on how to effectively use M-Files (new hire training, as well as ongoing user coaching).
- Develop new procedures, program descriptions, work-aids, and guidance documents to support implementation of DCRM best practices.
- Interact with and have working knowledge of our two collaboration software products of Dropbox and Atlassian’s Confluence.
- Manage files, documents and workload in accordance with established CFS systems, processes and procedures, with the innate ability to coach and train others.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly supervisory or lead document control and records management experience, with nuclear or other regulated industry experience highly preferred.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Acrobat software, including creation, editing and manipulation of advanced, bookmarked, hyperlinked, and text-searchable PDF files.
- Exceptional attention in detail.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- High degree of trust and integrity with the ability to communicate openly and respectfully, demonstrating a strong desire to foster teamwork.
- Seasoned NQA-1 and/or ISO-9001 regulatory experience.
- Seasoned experience in maintaining the configuration of an electronic document management system, product lifecycle management system, database or other such electronic file management software system.
- Seasoned knowledge and experience in all areas of electronic document and metadata management, including identification, creation, use, retrieval, access, and retention; in a regulated engineering or highly technical environment.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including creation of easy-to-use forms and templates in Microsoft Word.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including setting priorities and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment, in technical, engineering, and information technology groups.
- Excellent customer service and training skills with an innate desire to achieve results.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.